Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    The New Evidence That Demands A Verdict Fully Updated To Answer The Questions Challenging Christians Today

Bestselling author and Christian apologist Josh McDowell hopes The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict will further document historical evidence of the Christian faith. As such, it is a straightforward compilation of notes prepared for his lecture series, "Christianity: Hoax or History?" The entire book (over 750 pages) is laid out in outline form, which makes it easier for researchers, scholars, and students to access. As a result, this is not reflective fireside reading. Rather, it is a tool for locating supporting "evidence" whenever the need arises. Part I addresses the trustworthiness of the Bible; Part II offers historical evidence and supporting attestations for Jesus' claim to God; Part III addresses "radical Christian criticism" of the Bible; Part IV is devoted to quelling the voice of numerous skeptics, including "a defense for the existence of miracles" and "answers to divergent worldview."
    For those that actually want to see the evidence
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck58 View Post
    Agreed. Maybe some things didn't happen exactly as written, such as Joshua and Jericho, but they all happened. So far as I'm aware, in spite of their trying, nobody has been able to prove anything in the Bible wrong.

I can remember when the 'experts' doubted that Pontius Pilate existed. Then, a road marker was found with his name. Maybe trumpets didn't bring down Jericho, but something did. Details, but the bottom line is, it all seems to have happened.
    Everyday archaelogists find more evidence to verify the accuracy of the events in the Bible. Many of the lesser kings and characters mentioned in the Bible have later been proven to have existed at the time the Bible records in other non-biblical records. There have been tablets discovered that record rites, rituals and social behaviors that are described in detail in the Bible. Archaelogy may not have proven the Bible but it has never discovered something that contradicted it either.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    One of my favorite books. Both volumes are now in one book. Another good one is the Popular Encyclopedia of Apologetics by Ed Hindson adn Ergun Caner (General Editors). It's more like a dictionary where you took up topics to get a brief description of them.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Everyday archaelogists find more evidence to verify the accuracy of the events in the Bible. Many of the lesser kings and characters mentioned in the Bible have later been proven to have existed at the time the Bible records in other non-biblical records. There have been tablets discovered that record rites, rituals and social behaviors that are described in detail in the Bible. Archaelogy may not have proven the Bible but it has never discovered something that contradicted it either.

The bible isn't a history book it's a testament to the greatest life ever lived by four different men with four different points of view, written, as directed, by their acolytes .

We know more about Jesus Christ, the son of GOD than we know about Abraham Lincoln,George Washington or Thomas Jefferson !

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    Josh McDowell has an interesting point of view for a testament of Christ Jesus .I have evidence of the truth and call for a trial to convince all rational jurors of its truth !

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post

The bible isn't a history book it's a testament to the greatest life ever lived by four different men with four different points of view, written, as directed, by their acolytes .

We know more about Jesus Christ, the son of GOD than we know about Abraham Lincoln,George Washington or Thomas Jefferson !
    But, if the Bible's history isn't accurate then it's testimony couldn't be trusted. BTW, the bible isn't solely the Gospels.

C. S. Lewis

The History Channel is about to rebroadcast Crucifixion.

Lots is filmed on site but it's pretty graphic.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    But, if the Bible's history isn't accurate then it's testimony couldn't be trusted.
    It's has been proven to be accurate by honest men who can hear,see and have love in their hearts !Many who hear the word of GOD but have hardened their hearts to the truth for reasons of maintaining the status quo and are in fear of their Social Positions much like the ancient Pharisees .They know it is true but fear the consequences of believing and professing it openly !

Banned
    I think the Bible defies classification as any single particular kind of book.

Its got many dashes of myth, history, prose, allegory, apocalyptic literature etc etc. I'm sure many times, historical facts can be found interwoven into all of the above.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    It's has been proven to be accurate by honest men who can hear,see and have love in their hearts !Many who hear the word of GOD but have hardened their hearts to the truth for reasons of maintaining the status quo and are in fear of their Social Positions much like the ancient Pharisees .They know it is true but fear the consequences of believing and professing it openly !
    For the message of the cross is foolishnessh to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

They have no choice. God has not interfered with Satan so he has hardened their hearts and that they can not hear the Word.God promises to correct this for those he gives the gift of grace.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. Eziekiel 36:26

C. S. Lewis