Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    If he were Conservative, we would all be reading about this daily. There would be special prosecutors. There would be hearings. There would be articles of impeachment. There would be riots in the streets. protests. Media would be in a feeding frenzy. The double standard is disgusting.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Why would circumcision or the lack of it prove anything?
    Start at four minutes and 20 seconds or so:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcAU_fNrb1s
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    Jews are hardly the only males who are circumcised, especially in this country.
    Last edited by linda22003; 08-26-2009 at 08:15 AM.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Jews are hardly the only males who are circumcised, especially in this country.
    It's a joke, Linda.

Try laughing a little.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Power CUer
    The video, is, certainly. Birther conspiracies about Obama should be too, but aren't.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

The video, is, certainly. Birther conspiracies about Obama should be too, but aren't.
    How about those unsupported opinions? Why not address the question head on Linda? Is it because you fear the answer? If it is a joke, O Blah Blah could easily deliver the punchline. Why doesn't he?

BTW, by Birthers, you do mean people who doubt his citizenship don't you? Do you extend the label to anyone asking the Constitutional question of legitimacy according to the law even though they believe he is a citizen?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    How about those unsupported opinions? Why not address the question head on Linda? Is it because you fear the answer? If it is a joke, O Blah Blah could easily deliver the punchline. Why doesn't he?
    I don't understand what you are asking here.

BTW, by Birthers, you do mean people who doubt his citizenship don't you?
    No, I mean those who think he was born in Africa.

Do you extend the label to anyone asking the Constitutional question of legitimacy according to the law even though they believe he is a citizen?
    If you mean those who think he was born in Africa, yes.

My own opinion is that if he is "hiding" the birth certificate it's probably because he wants to avoid advertising something else embarrassing, like his parents not being married.

If I understand you correctly, you believe Birthers are people who think he was born in Africa. Why is it then that every person who demands to see his BC are labeled "Birthers?" I have seen some who merely question his citizenship labeled such. I believe this is a liberal tactic to steer the argument away from an uncomfortable truth.

I want to know that he was born in Hawaii.His grandmother and family in Africa seem to have a different recollection. I don't recall any articles (in the Constitution) demanding he prove his parents were married so I don't care about that. I do care that he show his birth place IAW the law of the land to prove he is a legitimate president. Why are people so afraid to know the answer? If we have to defend against potential/inevitable riots, so be it. If he is not qualified IAW the Constitution, he needs to step down. I don't want to know in 2012 that he was illegitimate. (OOPS! Guess we got duped).
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    If I understand you correctly, you believe Birthers are people who think he was born in Africa. Why is it then that every person who demands to see his BC are labeled "Birthers?" I have seen some who merely question his citizenship labeled such. I believe this is a liberal tactic to steer the argument away from an uncomfortable truth.
    I don't know. The first (and still primary) place I've seen the term "birthers" is on Free Republic, where some members think other members are wearing tinfoil hats.

I don't care what label is affixed to me, I want to know that the DizzyRATS have not pulled a fast one for political gain by wiping their collective @$$3$ on our Constitution. What is the problem with answering a simple matter like this? Concidering the gravity of the question, I can only think of one answer.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand