Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Vegas View Post
    Did he hit you up for any money?

Tyson lived about 1 1/2 miles down the road from me in Vegas, right next to Wayne Newton. Never saw him though.

No, he hit his wife. :eek: This was way back when he 1st became champ. Trump flew him and his
    goon squad down to the Britannia Towers which is now the Atlantis.

The day after I met him and his wife he was supposed to have beat her up with a phone in their suite which was right down the hall from where I was staying. Supposedly Givens was secretly meeting up with Eddie Murphy who was staying at a hotel on Cable Beach at the time.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    I love you CW, but your pomposity is getting tedious. Believe me, there are people here who can top your stories.

My Dad's company has an apartment on Rue Pierre Charon in Paris. I would love to go there again (health intact) and walk to the little Boulangerie down the block forfresh bread. Then I would have a coffee at Fouquets, take my grandaughter to the Jardin d'Acclimatation where I went frequently as a child. I would give her my little worn leather purse of francs so she could ride the carousel and boats. I imagine she would laugh at the red-butted baboons just as I did.
    I would go shopping at Printemps or Galeries Lafayette.where I used to get many of my school clothes as a teenager. Back then their prices hadn't been inflated by stupid tourists.
    I would take my daughter to the Place de la Pigalle to see the Moulin Rouge. She is obsessed with the movie and can't believe we actually went there (I found it sleazy).

The Eiffel tower, Sacré Cœur, The Louvre, where do I stop?

Then, dinner that night at the Georges V, within walking distance so we can enjoy plenty of wine.

I find the fact that you need to put down Target and American ways quite annoying. I have lived in many countries and I love it here. Believe me, small town Louisiana sucks sometime but this is my country and I love it.

Funny, I changed my signature this morning BEFORE I read your TOTD.
    LL, I love your ways with a phrase. Last week I had simply written "brevity is the soul of wit".

I've been struck with the tributes to Tony Snow this weekend. The most telling was how me loved his country, his family, and was the complete man, from his broadcasting to his playing flute with Ian Anderson (Jethro Tull).

That brought me back to memories of my great uncle, the ex-president of a steel company in St Louis, now long since gone. He was a greyt man who loved his family. He was always my inspiration in life, my definition of the complete man, one who loved his country, was honest, never whined, never, ever put people down.

It's sad when someone's place of residence is always ridiculed, "dullsville", land of the insurance men, etc. etc. My first thought is why would they stay somewhere they hated? If America must be ridiculed, who not become an expatriate, sort of in the spirit of the Dems who keep promising they'll leave if ________ is elected?

Contentment must come from within in my opinon. Running somewhere else doesn't bring it. I'd rather be in Costco with someone I loved than be in the mountains with someone hated.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

CW, you didn't offend me. I just think you're leading a sad life.

Target has its flaws but it serves a purpose.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar

Its purpose is to make me happy.:D I can hang out in Target for hours. I have to take a chaperone if I don't want to spend over $100. If they had decent shoes I would really be in trouble.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Banned
    CW, you didn't offend me. I just think you're leading a sad life.

I wouldn't say "sad," but rather "bemused." Opportunity always beckons and one never knows what awaits over the next hill.

As to Target, I particularly don't like these type of stores, in concept, at least, as they are rapidly "Levittowning" what once was an interesting world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Its purpose is to make me happy.:D I can hang out in Target for hours. I have to take a chaperone if I don't want to spend over $100. If they had decent shoes I would really be in trouble.:p
    Funny thing, was checking my emails. Target is having a big sale online. We've had trivia contests at the office and sometimes I win a $25 gift certificate. It doesn't take me long to spend it. :D

Admit that I prefer the food at Whole Foods to that at Costco, but every store has its place. I love the big bag of mixed fruit and nuts at Costco. Target often has better prices on DVD's and CD's than either Sam's or Costco.

If Target bothers CW, he'd be appalled at Sam's Club. I hate the Sam's place near our house, rarely use the membership and won't renew it. It's a dreadful place. Perhaps the newer ones are alright.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS -THERE IS ALWAYS NEXT YEAR
    GO ROYALS NOW

TOTD: Our family's vacation spot in Canada, spending some time with cousins of mine that I'm quite close to.
    See, I'll be going up there next week, but by that time, my cousins will have just left to go back home. I'm so disappointed over that.

So, they don't have paper towels in Paris?
    Be Not Afraid.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    When I was in Florida the only stuff i bought at Target were gifts for the company Christmas Party. I needed something semi-decent for under 20 bucs. :D

3/4 of the other people in the company agreed.
    May the FORCE be with you!

I love my Target. They just recently remodeled the one near my apartment. It's shiny and new. I like shiny and new things. :D

I was there this morning in fact before church.

TOTD: I would want to be in Prescott, Arizona. Probably laying in the grass under a large tree just outside of the county courthouse, reading a good book. Later, I would stroll through the Sharlotte Hall Museum for the umpteenth time and then maybe hit Whiskey Row afterward for a drink.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion