Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Full-Auto View Post
    I thought the ending to Titanic was good... shocking... total surprise... but good.
    It sank. If you were totally surprised, think how the people who were on it felt. :D

Banned - Not really Theo
    A River Runs Through It

Now nearly all those I loved and did not understand when I was young are dead, but I still reach out to them.

Of course, now I am too old to be much of a fisherman, and now of course I usually fish the big waters alone, although some friends think I shouldn't. Like many fly fishermen in western Montana where the summer days are almost Arctic in length, I often do not start fishing until the cool of the evening. Then in the Arctic half-light of the canyon, all existence fades to a being with my soul and memories and the sounds of the Big Blackfoot River and a four-count rhythm and the hope that a fish will rise.

Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.

I am haunted by waters.

Pink Floyd's "The Wall"

Birdy (1984)

This is a really obscure movie...but "Birdy" with Nicholas Cage and Mathew Modine has one my all time favorite endings. It's not for everyone, but it still makes me smile everytime I see it.

I couldn't believe somone actually mentioned it at the site for this thread.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

I'd never seen the original 'The Italian Job,' but I really liked the ending of the newer version with Mark Wahlberg, where you see each of the guys enjoying what they chose to do with their shares of the money.

Banned - Not really Theo
    Would the ending of the Mini-Series Lonsome Dove count?

Not really a movie per se.

gator
    No Country for Old Men

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    That's all right, I've never seen ET. Neither has my brother. We were 17 and 19 when it came out and had no desire to see it then, and have never desired to see it since.
    communist.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by Theophilus View Post
    Would the ending of the Mini-Series Lonsome Dove count?

Not really a movie per se.
    Someone on the original site asked if they could name The Newhart Show!

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry (1974)
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)