1. #1 Cheap American meal on the grill! 
    Sweetbay had sirloin steaks on sale for $2.99 a pound! You can't beat that with a stick! Portobello mushshrooms for $2.00 and 3 ears of corn for a dollar!!! Gator will bitch, but just get the grill hot enough to sear your steaks all is good!

Take the steaks and rub both sides with EVOO, shake a little of your favorite spices on it, I'm partial to the Grill Creations smokey mesquite spice that SR and SLW brought me!! It works well!
    Let get to room temp.

Marinate the shrooms in:

1/4 cup tequila!!!
    1/8 cup butter, melted
    2 Tbsp olive oil
    1 lime juiced
    3 cloves garlic, minced

Soak the corn in cold water

Get grill hot, HOT! Put on the corn turning every 5 minutes for 15 minutes.
    Put steaks on grill, cook for 1.5 minutes and then turn 45 degrees and cook for 4 more minutes.
    Flip steaks and put on shrooms, turning the corn evry 5 minutes. flip shrooms after about 4 minutes, take steaks off and tent with foil. Cook shrooms about 3 minutes more and take off grill. Take off corn and shuck, return to grill get some grill marks on them and you are ready toi go!!!

Every body is ready to go! On to the grill!

Gator, the grill is HOT!

Perfect so far!

Ginger, I got new dishes!!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Someone wants some scraps!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Gator will bitch,
    Why would I bitch?

There is nothing wrong with the food that you cook. I just know it could be better if you knew a few more techniques to real cooking. I don't mind sharing those techniques with you from time to time and I am sure you appreciate the tutelage. Who wouldn’t?

You try really hard and I give you credit for that. Your photogenic presentations are always good. If there is a hurricane and the good old trusty gas grill is the only thing left capable of producing heat then I might try some of your recipes.

By the way, corn is usually good on the grill, however, it taste about the same cooked in the oven.

Sirloin is not the greatest steak for grilling but it is cheap. It takes a lot of marinating. I usually use sirloin in recipes calling for cut up steak cooked in sauce like pepper steak. Actually sirloin is good in chili.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    Someone wants some scraps!

Did ATrain get any? He's a real sweetie. Give him a hug from us----also your lovely wife. That food looks super. Glad you like that mesquite seasoning. It's one of my favorites. :)
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

The meal looks great.

When did corn on the cob get so expensive?

Here in Nevada, I've seen it as high as two ears for a buck fifty!

Of course, when I lived in Illinois corn was everywhere, not so much here in the desert.

I could go for an ear of peaches n cream sweat corn right now....for years I grew my own, selling it door to door in the neighborhood for a $1.25 for a baker's dozen when I was just a kid. (circa age 14) I'm no city kid!