1. #1 It makes no sense for any health plan to not pay 100% of the cost of an abortion 
    link

One more reason to thwart Obama and the far left when it comes to a public or single payor plan.
    RB TexLa (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 07:59 PM
    Original message
    It makes no sense for any health plan to not pay 100% of the cost of an abortion
    If a child is born to a subscriber of a plan the child is going to cost the plan money, providing for abortions saves a health plan (government, private or hybrid) costs.
    They're willing to kill babies because "it's cheaper", yet we aren't supposed to believe, despite everything they say that there will be rationing with a public or single payor plan?
    RB TexLa (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:32 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    5. True but this one saves the plan a lot of money.
    FLDCVADem (262 posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:34 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    6. I thought we were opposed
    to insurance companies making decisions based solely on finanical interests.
    RB TexLa (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:35 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    7. You do not want premium and/or tax dollars used wisely and efficiently?
    FLDCVADem (262 posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:38 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    8. Don't put words in my mouth
    What I said was that I thought we on DU were opposed to insurance companies making decisions based purely on profit motive. Your argument is that they should do it because it is a good financial move, so are we now in favor of insurance companies making decisions based on their bottom lines?

I personally want insurance companies to provide payment for medically necessary procedures.
    Lars39 (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:41 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    9. Who are you to decide whether a woman takes the risk of death or
    permanent injury that pregnancy and childbirth has? Every single pregnancy can quickly become life threatening. Abortion is part of a woman's health care options and the reasons for one should be between her and her doctor, not some medical board.
    Yep, we have pregnant women dying left and right in the US.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Lars39 (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:41 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    9. Who are you to decide whether a woman takes the risk of death or
    permanent injury that pregnancy and childbirth has? Every single pregnancy can quickly become life threatening. Abortion is part of a woman's health care options and the reasons for one should be between her and her doctor, not some medical board
    FFS. I'm so sick of these moonbats rambling on about pregnancy as if we live in medieval times.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

RB TexLa (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:32 PM
    Response to Reply #3
    5. True but this one saves the plan a lot of money.
    Quote:
    FLDCVADem (262 posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:34 PM
    Response to Reply #5
    6. I thought we were opposed
    to insurance companies making decisions based solely on finanical interests.
    Quote:
    RB TexLa (1000+ posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:35 PM
    Response to Reply #6
    7. You do not want premium and/or tax dollars used wisely and efficiently?
    Quote:
    FLDCVADem (262 posts) Sat Aug-22-09 08:38 PM
    Response to Reply #7
    8. Don't put words in my mouth
    What I said was that I thought we on DU were opposed to insurance companies making decisions based purely on profit motive. Your argument is that they should do it because it is a good financial move, so are we now in favor of insurance companies making decisions based on their bottom lines?

I personally want insurance companies to provide payment for medically necessary procedures.
    See what happens when you apply logic to the WHOLE issue, and not just use a tiny bit to support what you want, moonbats?

"Evil insurance companies are only interested in cutting costs!!!111!!! They must be stopped!!11!!"
    "Abortion saves health care costs!!!111!!!! It must be part of the plan at all costs!!!11!!!"

Looney, you got some splainin to do.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!

"It makes no sense for any health plan to not pay 100% of the cost of an abortion"
    Oh, you mean besides the fact that many US citizens will object to their tax dollars being used to help fund the mass murder of babies?

Bleda
    Quote Originally Posted by movie buff View Post
    "It makes no sense for any health plan to not pay 100% of the cost of an abortion"
    Oh, you mean besides the fact that many US citizens will object to their tax dollars being used to help fund the mass murder of babies?
    Haven't you heard? Unborn "babies" are simply parasites; it's okay to kill them.

Lets do this - lets skip the abortions and go right to sterilization. Serilizations should come free to everyone who identifies as a leftist.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    FFS. I'm so sick of these moonbats rambling on about pregnancy as if we live in medieval times.
    The maternal mortality rate is 13 per 100,000. Most come from the much-higher-than-necessary C-section rate, where things like anesthesia, blood clotting, excessive bleeding, etc result in most of those.
    "Because we're a great nation, our challenges seem complex; it will always be this way. But as long as we remember our first principals and believe in ourselves, the future will always be ours." -Reagan

Banned
    The Democrats want to kill off the unborn and the old farts to thin out the population.

HEIL OBAMA