Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Erm... whats it take to be an EMT? 2 years at the community college taking gen ed classes?

Gas is on the right, brake is on the left and wheel in the middle... only the turn on the sirens for emergencies.
    Are you kidding me? Why don't you go say the same sort of things to a policeman or a fireman and see how far you get? Tell me, how many times have you done CPR? How many lives have you literally saved? How many people have you pulled out of mangled vehicles? Do you really think all we are is a taxi service? Then why don't you promise me that you'll never call 911; after all, you know yourself where the gas pedal is

So what do you think about nurses then Eyesore?
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

I just dont see why you guys care about this.
    Because innocent babies are being killed by abortion every day, often just for the convenience of the mother. That just doesn't sit right with us.

Erm... whats it take to be an EMT? 2 years at the community college taking gen ed classes?

Gas is on the right, brake is on the left and wheel in the middle... only the turn on the sirens for emergencies.

We care for the same reason we would oppose any other cold-blooded murder. Our society is so sick that those who experiment on animals to provide medical care for humans are in much greater danger than those who slaughter over a million humans every year. There are thousands of rules about the humane slaughter of cattle, sheep, chickens...but humans are ripped limb from limb with no anesthetic, no sympathy, no humanity at all...and all done because Mommy wants a dead baby instead of a living one.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Wow... just... wow...

That statement says a LOT about you and how much you actually know.

Thanks asdf2231 and x5060 :)
    They're not people, they're hippies!! -Cartman

It is nothing against you to fall down flat, but to lie there - that's disgrace

Junebug68 Please do not let Eyelids get to you. Sounds like he/she is just trying to bait you. You know you are correct on your position. Keep your head high!

Quote Originally Posted by The gutless wonder Eyelids

Wow, could you be more idiotic in your response....the answer is yes of course, with each response more idiotic than the previous.

Next time you feel like showing your stupidity, don't bother to do research. I, on the other hand, did a bit for you and here's what I came up with:

According to the US Dept of Labor, this is the training/certification you need to be an EMT:

Formal training and certification is needed to become an EMT or paramedic. A high school diploma is typically required to enter a formal training program. Some programs offer an associate degree along with the formal EMT training. All 50 States have a certification procedure. In most States and the District of Columbia, registration with the NREMT is required at some or all levels of certification. Other States administer their own certification examination or provide the option of taking the NREMT examination. To maintain certification, EMTs and paramedics must reregister, usually every 2 years. In order to reregister, an individual must be working as an EMT or paramedic and meet a continuing education requirement.

Training is offered at progressive levels: EMT-Basic, also known as EMT-1; EMT-Intermediate, or EMT-2 and EMT-3; and EMT-Paramedic, or EMT-4. EMT-Basic coursework typically emphasizes emergency skills, such as managing respiratory, trauma, and cardiac emergencies, and patient assessment. Formal courses are often combined with time in an emergency room or ambulance. The program also provides instruction and practice in dealing with bleeding, fractures, airway obstruction, cardiac arrest, and emergency childbirth. Students learn how to use and maintain common emergency equipment, such as backboards, suction devices, splints, oxygen delivery systems, and stretchers. Graduates of approved EMT basic training programs who pass a written and practical examination administered by the State certifying agency or the NREMT earn the title “Registered EMT-Basic.” The course also is a prerequisite for EMT-Intermediate and EMT-Paramedic training.

The basic emt course at my community college takes a year to complete, but schools will vary.

EMT-Intermediate training requirements vary from State to State. Applicants can opt to receive training in EMT-Shock Trauma, wherein the caregiver learns to start intravenous fluids and give certain medications, or in EMT-Cardiac, which includes learning heart rhythms and administering advanced medications. Training commonly includes 35 to 55 hours of additional instruction beyond EMT-Basic coursework, and covers patient assessment as well as the use of advanced airway devices and intravenous fluids. Prerequisites for taking the EMT-Intermediate examination include registration as an EMT-Basic, required classroom work, and a specified amount of clinical experience.

The most advanced level of training for this occupation is EMT-Paramedic. At this level, the caregiver receives additional training in body function and learns more advanced skills. The Technology program usually lasts up to 2 years and results in an associate degree in applied science. Such education prepares the graduate to take the NREMT examination and become certified as an EMT-Paramedic. Extensive related coursework and clinical and field experience is required. Because of the longer training requirement, almost all EMT-Paramedics are in paid positions, rather than being volunteers. Refresher courses and continuing education are available for EMTs and paramedics at all levels.

Skills needed?
    EMTs and paramedics should be emotionally stable, have good dexterity, agility, and physical coordination, and be able to lift and carry heavy loads. They also need good eyesight (corrective lenses may be used) with accurate color vision.
    So you see, oh gutless one, it takes quite a bit of study to become an EMT, something you have neither the intelligence, skills or the physical qualities neccessary to do EMT work.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Perhaps because we are against murdering innocent humans.

According to the US Dept of Labor, this is the training/certification you need to be an EMT:

Formal training and certification is needed to become an EMT or paramedic. A high school diploma is typically required to enter a formal training program. Some programs offer an associate degree along with the formal EMT training. All 50 States have a certification procedure. In most States and the District of Columbia, registration with the NREMT is required at some or all levels of certification. Other States administer their own certification examination or provide the option of taking the NREMT examination. To maintain certification, EMTs and paramedics must reregister, usually every 2 years. In order to reregister, an individual must be working as an EMT or paramedic and meet a continuing education requirement..........
    Not to mention the four years of college to be a nurse. With the advent of all the life saving equipment and procedures nursing is an extremely technical job. It's not all bedpans and baths. I know....I'm a nurse and since I've worked as a nurse for over 20 years I've seen the changes.

Excuse me? I am not an "ambulance driver." I am an Emergency Medical Technician and an RN and if, God forbid, you or someone you loved ever had to call 911, you'd be damn glad to see me and would never insult me that way to my face. But then again, you just reinforce my opinion that you are lower than dirt on the evolutionary ladder with every word you type.
    Junebug, you never know. The way the leftists are I wouldn't put it past some of them to refuse care from a conservative (becasue they're all evil). Just like they refuse to see a doctor or dentist who is conservative.