Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Obama Wants Your Kid To Learn Spanish 
    Obama Tells Audience, "You Need to Make Sure that Your Child Can Speak Spanish"

Last update: 11:47 a.m. EDT July 9, 2008

WASHINGTON, Jul 09, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- At a town hall meeting in Georgia this morning, presumptive Democratic Presidential nominee Barack Obama told an audience that, "you need to make sure that your child can speak Spanish." Speaking in Powder Springs, Ga., the Illinois Senator said that the nation's chief priority should not be for immigrants to learn English, but for American children to learn Spanish.

"Senator Obama's idea is characteristic of an elitist mindset declaring that it is not the job of immigrants to America to learn English, but that it the job of Americans to learn the language of the immigrants," said Mauro E. Mujica, Chairman of U.S. English, Inc. "This runs counter to our proud history as a melting pot and counter to the belief of most Americans. Clearly, Senator Obama has spent too much time at the lectern instead of interacting with the American people."

Recent polls have found overwhelming support for making English the official language of the United States. A 2007 Zogby poll found that 83 percent of Americans favor making English the official language, including substantial majorities of Democrats, Republicans and Independents.
    I guess that will make it easier for all those Humanities grads to get a roofing job. He also thinks Americans are embarrassing for spending money abroad if they aren't fluent in German or Italian.

Market Watch

Both of mine can already say "Stop! Put up your hands!"

So our work is done there.

Eyelids
    Heaven forbid American kids learn something...

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Mine are pulling 3.9 - 4.0 GPA's.

Saint Obama can go fuck himself. Feel free to join him.

"Senator Obama's idea is characteristic of an elitist mindset declaring that it is not the job of immigrants to America to learn English, but that it the job of Americans to learn the language of the immigrants," said Mauro E. Mujica, Chairman of U.S. English, Inc. "This runs counter to our proud history as a melting pot and counter to the belief of most Americans. Clearly, Senator Obama has spent too much time at the lectern instead of interacting with the American people."
    How long do you think it will take before Obama changes his mind on this one? He truly is out of touch.

Actually, I get rather ticked off at him making all these pronouncements from on high. :mad:

Our kids need to learn and use algebra, trig, and chess. Who gives a flip if they can order snails in France? Americans have never made economic progress because they could they order in French.

I what my kids, grandkids to learn Spanish. It is their heritage. And helps when they visit their relatives in Spain.

American students are learning. If not, why are we funding their education? They can learn another language on their dime, not mine. We live in the USA and we speak ENGLISH.

If somebody wants their next country to speak their language, they need to choose a country that speaks their native tongue. Otherwise, piss off back to Mezzico and talk your head off.

Imagine if we had told immigrants who came here LEGALLY through Ellis Island "Don't bother learning English, we'll just teach our kids Spanish, Italian, German, etc. etc. etc."
    "Don't vote. It only encourages the bastards." -PJ O'Roarke

Another pandering incident, Obama wants the Latino vote. Obama could care less about your children or mine, and for that matter the Latino children.It makes for a pretty speech on his part, hope no Latino's buy into it.