Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Guy Fietti's Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo!! The best I've had!! 
    I really loved this pork chop recipe.. My wife is a big fan of Guy's Big Bite and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and this recipe is from one of those...

These pork chops were the tangiest I've ever tasted!! As soon as they hit your mouth you taste the lime! But one word of caution-I'd halve or quarter the salt, because the salt almost ruined it for me...

First, you marinate the pork chops in orange juice and lime juice for at least one hour... Works great in a Ziploc freezer bag..

Then you mix up the seasonings, which actually seems like a whole lot of seasoning to have in the pistle at one time, but, hey, my wife followed it to the letter..

Then you remove the chops from the bag, pat them down and coat them in the rub:

Fry them up, and the end result, for us, anyway, looks something like this:

Serve with a fresh Mozzarella/tomato/basil plate drizzled with Balsamic vinegar, and you're got a great dinner:

Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Due to the image limit, here's the recipe for the Cuban pork chops:

Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

I bet that would be good with lamb chops too!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I bet that would be good with lamb chops too!
    I want to try it on some venison steaks my neighbor gave me... I'll let you know!

Great job stsinner!!! Guy does some good stuff, you ate well and nice pics too!!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Looking at the recipe and seeing it, made my friggin mouth water!

BADLY! :o

*mental note* Copy that recipe!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Due to the image limit, here's the recipe for the Cuban pork chops:

Are we really supposed to read that ?Try this one !
    Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo Guy Fieri
    Guy's Big Bite Episode: Cuban Pork
    Ingredients

* 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
    * 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
    * 1/4 cup vinegar
    * 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
    * 1 tablespoon black pepper
    * 2 tablespoons kosher salt
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon garlic powder
    * 1 tablespoon onion powder
    * 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    * 3 tablespoons canola oil
    * 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/4 cup white wine
    * 1 cup watercress, for garnish
    * 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
    * 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish

Directions

In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar. Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.

In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.

Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken. The chops should be cooked through.

Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate. Continue to reduce juices in pan by half. Pour over the chops and serve immediately.

Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado.

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Are we really supposed to read that ?Try this one !
    Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo Guy Fieri
    Guy's Big Bite Episode: Cuban Pork
    Ingredients

* 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
    * 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
    * 1/4 cup vinegar
    * 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
    * 1 tablespoon black pepper
    * 2 tablespoons kosher salt
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon garlic powder
    * 1 tablespoon onion powder
    * 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    * 3 tablespoons canola oil
    * 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/4 cup white wine
    * 1 cup watercress, for garnish
    * 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
    * 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish

Directions

In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar. Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.

In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.

Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken. The chops should be cooked through.

Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate. Continue to reduce juices in pan by half. Pour over the chops and serve immediately.

Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado. [/SIZE]
    Mine looks more homey... :) What my wife does is sit and watch the shows and pauses the DVR to copy the recipes down...
    Last edited by stsinner; 08-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.

I learned that mozzarella recipe while in Switzerland, and it's caught on pretty well in America.. . You have to get fresh mozzarella-the kind that is in water. They sell it in preshaped bite-size balls in many delis now,.

Or you can buy the large ball and slice it, which is what you see on my table. Then you add sliced tomato and balsamic vinegar-it's best when it's swimming in the balsamic, if you ask me.. And then you can add Adobo and season to taste, but it's a real hit at my parties!! With the small balls, you can put out toothpicks to pick it up with!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Mine looks more homey... :) What my wife does is sit and watch the shows and pauses the DVR to copy the recipes down...
    I agree.Tell her they are available on the food network wed site .Just search for the topic or show name.

Another great cook is Taylor Florance .I would love to try his recipe for Beef Wellington but the best recipe for Beef Wellington is from the two Fat ladies show of years ago.

I really miss those two along with Julia Child's shows on TV.