Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1 Guy Fietti's Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo!! The best I've had!! 
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    I really loved this pork chop recipe.. My wife is a big fan of Guy's Big Bite and Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives, and this recipe is from one of those...

    These pork chops were the tangiest I've ever tasted!! As soon as they hit your mouth you taste the lime! But one word of caution-I'd halve or quarter the salt, because the salt almost ruined it for me...

    First, you marinate the pork chops in orange juice and lime juice for at least one hour... Works great in a Ziploc freezer bag..



    Then you mix up the seasonings, which actually seems like a whole lot of seasoning to have in the pistle at one time, but, hey, my wife followed it to the letter..

    Then you remove the chops from the bag, pat them down and coat them in the rub:



    Fry them up, and the end result, for us, anyway, looks something like this:



    Serve with a fresh Mozzarella/tomato/basil plate drizzled with Balsamic vinegar, and you're got a great dinner:

    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Due to the image limit, here's the recipe for the Cuban pork chops:



    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,862
    I bet that would be good with lamb chops too!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I bet that would be good with lamb chops too!
    I want to try it on some venison steaks my neighbor gave me... I'll let you know!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    HR Corporate Scum patriot45's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Plant City, Florida
    Posts
    10,813
    Great job stsinner!!! Guy does some good stuff, you ate well and nice pics too!!



    : “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    no-man's land in Texas
    Posts
    2,168
    Looking at the recipe and seeing it, made my friggin mouth water!

    BADLY! :o

    *mental note* Copy that recipe!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Due to the image limit, here's the recipe for the Cuban pork chops:





    Are we really supposed to read that ?Try this one !
    ..........................................
    Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo Guy Fieri
    Guy's Big Bite Episode: Cuban Pork
    Ingredients

    * 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
    * 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
    * 1/4 cup vinegar
    * 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
    * 1 tablespoon black pepper
    * 2 tablespoons kosher salt
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon garlic powder
    * 1 tablespoon onion powder
    * 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    * 3 tablespoons canola oil
    * 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/4 cup white wine
    * 1 cup watercress, for garnish
    * 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
    * 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish

    Directions

    In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar. Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.

    In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.

    Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken. The chops should be cooked through.

    Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate. Continue to reduce juices in pan by half. Pour over the chops and serve immediately.

    Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado.

    ........................................
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Are we really supposed to read that ?Try this one !
    ..........................................
    Cuban Pork Chops with Mojo Guy Fieri
    Guy's Big Bite Episode: Cuban Pork
    Ingredients

    * 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
    * 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
    * 1/4 cup vinegar
    * 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
    * 1 tablespoon black pepper
    * 2 tablespoons kosher salt
    * 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
    * 1 tablespoon garlic powder
    * 1 tablespoon onion powder
    * 1 tablespoon dried oregano
    * 3 tablespoons canola oil
    * 1/4 cup chopped red onion
    * 2 cloves garlic, chopped
    * 1/4 cup white wine
    * 1 cup watercress, for garnish
    * 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
    * 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish

    Directions

    In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar. Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.

    In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.

    Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken. The chops should be cooked through.

    Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate. Continue to reduce juices in pan by half. Pour over the chops and serve immediately.

    Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado. [/SIZE]
    ........................................
    Mine looks more homey... :) What my wife does is sit and watch the shows and pauses the DVR to copy the recipes down...
    Last edited by stsinner; 08-25-2009 at 05:57 PM.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member stsinner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3,525
    I learned that mozzarella recipe while in Switzerland, and it's caught on pretty well in America.. . You have to get fresh mozzarella-the kind that is in water. They sell it in preshaped bite-size balls in many delis now,.

    Or you can buy the large ball and slice it, which is what you see on my table. Then you add sliced tomato and balsamic vinegar-it's best when it's swimming in the balsamic, if you ask me.. And then you can add Adobo and season to taste, but it's a real hit at my parties!! With the small balls, you can put out toothpicks to pick it up with!
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    Mine looks more homey... :) What my wife does is sit and watch the shows and pauses the DVR to copy the recipes down...
    I agree.Tell her they are available on the food network wed site .Just search for the topic or show name.

    Another great cook is Taylor Florance .I would love to try his recipe for Beef Wellington but the best recipe for Beef Wellington is from the two Fat ladies show of years ago.

    I really miss those two along with Julia Child's shows on TV.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •