Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 How 'bout if we write the Repug legislators, and say we're praying for them to see Je 
    link

I almost have to laugh at this. It so represents how liberals think and how they try to use Christianity against believers thinking they will get somewhere. And all the while their words and actions scream that they are athiests or at the very least leftists.
    gauguin57 (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-26-09 12:13 AM
    Original message
    How 'bout if we write the Repug legislators, and say we're praying for them to see Jesus' way.
    Lets write them and say a whole bunch of us pro-public-option/pro-single-payer/pro-healthcare-reform folks are praying for them to have their hearts changed, so that they follow the teachings of Jesus and find a way to take care of the least of our brethren.

My Congressman (who was so scared of interacting with the public that he held his last town hall meeting by TELEPHONE!) is a serious neo-con holy roller. I think he needs to hear that I'm praying for him to follow the example of Jesus, and for him to stop being tempted by Satan.
    babylonsister (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-26-09 12:17 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. This would be great, and I'm not religious! nt
    Clio the Leo (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-26-09 12:17 AM
    2. I had LOTS of fun skewering my Rep.......
    .... over his lack of a Christian attitude when he got on MSNBC and said that health care was a privilege and not a right.

.... and that I was PRAYING that the next Gov. of TN (he's running) was someone who exemplified the fundamental tenants of Christianity that his constituents hold dear.

Hit 'em where it hurts.
    Ohio Joe (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-26-09 12:23 AM
    3. I like this idea
    I write my elected officials often and I think I will give this a try and see what response it gets.

Thanks!
    Well guys, either your senators etc. are not going to be real Christians in which case they are not going to care what you have to say about "your religion"; or else they will be Christians and will be secure in their faith and what they believe about public policy as it relates to their faith. If the later they aren't going to change based simply on what you say-expecially since it's clear that you are liberals attempting to use "religion" for your own purposes. (Just like Obama.)

And they think they are so cute trying to play gotcha with believers.

These assholes don't follow Jesus. They follow Robin Hood.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    My Congressman (who was so scared of interacting with the public that he held his last town hall meeting by TELEPHONE!)
    Most of those congresscritters who are afraid to interact with the public are DEMOCRATS.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    These assholes don't follow Jesus. They follow Robin Hood.
    Karl Marx
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

They want free health care but reading what many of them write, they don't have the list bit of interest in caring for their own health. As in all things they want do all the things that are unhealthy for them and then get someone else to fix them when they start breaking down.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Moonbats have never researched other people ( let alone how they think), and they think they can fool someone with info from stereotypes.

This will only blow up in their face.

A word for anyone for anyone from DU who is peeking in; the idea was for you to give, not the state.
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

Reminds me of one of Saul Alinsky's "rules for radicals".
    4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.

Relates to:
    Lets write them and say a whole bunch of us pro-public-option/pro-single-payer/pro-healthcare-reform folks are praying for them to have their hearts changed, so that they follow the teachings of Jesus and find a way to take care of the least of our brethren.

4. "Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.
    The thing is, the rules they "make them live up to" are the rules as the liberals interpret and define them, not the truth of the "rules".

So for instance they will take things out of context from the bible and they will assert that their way is the only right way and then pronounce judgement on their "enemies', conservative Christians.

If they ever bothered to read even the New Testament, they'd kick themselves for exposing their overwhelming ignorance to everyone.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Threads like that are the reason why, out of all of the MANY topics that the DUmmies don't know crap about and have no business whatsoever talking about, Christian doctrine/ theology is towards the top of the list.
    They, like Obama and most other Commies, attempt to pull off the #1 favorite manipulative Communist debating strategy: Deliberately trying to equate forced wealth redistribution with individual acts of willful generosity. They use that so if anyone dares disagree with their insane economic policies, they can accuse that person of being a horrible, greedy monster who hates the poor, and doesn't want to do anything to help the needy. The DUmmies here, as they have done in other threads, add to this concept by perverting Scripture to try and make it seem like those who do not favor Communistic policies are disobeying Jesus through their actions (When the DUmmies themselves have NO room to talk in that area).