Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    At least 16 threads on the Latest page right now. Maybe more, you can never tell what they're talking about!
    Here's one thread that gets it:
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=6496539

Redstate_democrat Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Jul-13-08 11:28 PM
    Original message

Um...this New Yorker Story Paints Obama as a Cold, Calculating, Cut Throat Typical Politician

The story left me with my mouth wide open. I knew Chicago politics was fierce, but this story paints Obama as some kind of self-absorbed, cut throat leech whose only desire was to rise to the next political level, regardless of who he had to step on to get there. The stories they tell from the different people show an arrogant person. They show him as someone who accumulates people for his immediate and long term needs, and then when he is finished with them, kicks them off the moving bus. I did NOT like this article. More importantly, the cover art didn't even go with the article. The cover art dealt with the smears and the article didn't even address it. What the hell?

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Why wouldn't it be? The New Yorker is as much a Democratic Party press-kit as the rest of the New York City media with the notable exception of the NY Post. Upper-West Side liberals don't see anything wrong with being a 60's radical.
    Actually the article is quite negative.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...printable=true

I just read the whole damned thing. No more St. Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Redstate_democrat View Post
    I did NOT like this article.
    Bad, naughty article! Article speak badly of my p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s, my precious Obama. Still we will vote for Obama, yes-s-s-s we will??? Don't care if Obama is cold, calculating politician, I will still vote for him but bad article should not say bad about the p-r-e-c-i-o-u-s-s-s-s!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Hee,hee. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Maybe not Teh Rove----but couid Bill or Hill be behind it? After all, she's the senator from NY, and I'm sure they have powerful friends there. Who knows?
    Nailed it !:eek:

Sonnabend
    ...and?

Did I, or did I not, mention the word "payback" recently?

Looks like DU can dish it out, but they sure as hell cant take it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Apparently, the article itself is positive. I haven't read it yet.
    A picture says a thousand words and that picture is damming .

Power CUer
    Damming? It holds back a river or stream? Since the title of it is "The Politics of Fear" I would take it as a satire on what some people think will be happening in the Oval Office if he's elected.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    Actually the article is quite negative.

http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2...printable=true

I just read the whole damned thing. No more St. Obama.

Obama's honeymoon with the far left is rapidly drawing to a close !If he doesn't 'dash' back to the 'Evil Dark Side' quick they will cry .Hillary isn't 'evil' enough to follow the dictates of the Maoists and 'EU takeover of America' fans so under the buss she went.

They have NightMares of the American Electorate rising up and dumping their former poster boy and voting in a new Congress and Republican president !This 'No Drill' Congress will be in 'deep do do come November !

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Damming? It holds back a river or stream? Since the title of it is "The Politics of Fear" I would take it as a satire on what some people think will be happening in the Oval Office if he's elected.
    Bingo. Somebody actually gets it. :D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)