Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 47
  1. #21  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,672
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Bingo. Somebody actually gets it. :D
    It is supposed to be over the top satire. What it ends up being is a snarky laugh for lots of folks who think Obama is a bad candidate for President.

    For me, the article is far worse because it is realistic. It shows Obama how he really is: a cold, calculating politician who has no internal values of his own but uses people and ideas. After using them, he disavows them or just ignores them with no sense of guilt or remorse. There are some GREAT examples in that story and they bode ill for Obamaphiles.

    Face it, kiddies. Obama used the left base to get the nomination and is now using the center of the American electorate to win the election. Once he takes office, he will ignore the electorate and sell his services to the highest bidder. (Speaking of high bidders, Rezco figures prominently in the story.)

    BTW, did you all know that there are 57 Islamic states? I read that on another board this morning. Maybe that was where Obama planned to do his campaigning?
     

  2. #22  
    The big Cheese
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    3,273
    I think I will make it into a t-shirt.
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

    Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.
     

  3. #23  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    You have to keep things simple for voters and unless youíre legally blind, youíre influenced by outrageous visuals like this (blind folk actually have to use their other scenses to make a voting decision). Rove had the gays to glom onto and the Christian Right ran off into the night like a vengeful mob with pitch forks and torches, looking for the nearest fag. This illustration exemplifies the average voterís need for a focal point that demonises the candidate. To Hell with the issues - go for shit like middle names. Keep it simple, stupid!
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  4. #24  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    It is supposed to be over the top satire. What it ends up being is a snarky laugh for lots of folks who think Obama is a bad candidate for President.

    For me, the article is far worse because it is realistic. It shows Obama how he really is: a cold, calculating politician who has no internal values of his own but uses people and ideas. After using them, he disavows them or just ignores them with no sense of guilt or remorse. There are some GREAT examples in that story and they bode ill for Obamaphiles.

    Face it, kiddies. Obama used the left base to get the nomination and is now using the center of the American electorate to win the election. Once he takes office, he will ignore the electorate and sell his services to the highest bidder. (Speaking of high bidders, Rezco figures prominently in the story.)

    BTW, did you all know that there are 57 Islamic states? I read that on another board this morning. Maybe that was where Obama planned to do his campaigning?
    First he has to follow JFK'S Berlin speech to establish that he too is a German Pastry ,'Ein Berliner'!

    Before we had Clinton's de rigueur Kennedy adoration now it's Obama's Turn as the first
    'Half Black' JFK ,'The POTUS Candidate from Nairobi '!

    The Far Left is stuck with this bird for the duration no matter what he does !

    He will continue to swing back and forth like a pendulum until most thinking people will figure out he's just another political hack !
     

  5. #25  
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    22,891
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafod View Post
    I think I will make it into a t-shirt.
    Look around they're already on the Net !
     

  6. #26  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Damming? It holds back a river or stream? Since the title of it is "The Politics of Fear" I would take it as a satire on what some people think will be happening in the Oval Office if he's elected.
    Many voters do not know or give a hoot whether it is satire or not. They will look at the picture and that's it; it does put Obama in a very negative light.
     

  7. #27  
    Senior Member LogansPapa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Surf City, USA
    Posts
    3,782
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    Many voters do not know or give a hoot whether it is satire or not. They will look at the picture and that's it; it does put Obama in a very negative light.
    And that would be the point of it all: Most folks don’t have common sense enough not to be diverted by a silly picture. But I’ll bet dollars-to-donuts the weeks not out an McCain condemns it.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)
     

  8. #28  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    9,672
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And that would be the point of it all: Most folks donít have common sense enough not to be diverted by a silly picture. But Iíll bet dollars-to-donuts the weeks not out an McCain condemns it.
    He's got to condemn it. Otherwise he is a "racist."
     

  9. #29  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    It isn't just the Obama campaign that's critical. A spokesman for John McCain's campaign agreed that the cover was "tasteless and offensive."
    http://www.rnntv.com/Global/story.asp?S=8670137
     

  10. #30  
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    11,970
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    And that would be the point of it all: Most folks donít have common sense enough not to be diverted by a silly picture. But Iíll bet dollars-to-donuts the weeks not out an McCain condemns it.
    McCain already has condemed it. These two are like a couple of sissies in a fight. Oh, I did not mean to hit you so hard. Excuse me.
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •