Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    If Tristan is puking, I'm throwing his skinny butt in the bathroom. I'll bring him a pillow and blanket if it's an all nighter but there is no way I'm letting him throw up near my couch into a paper sack. Uck.
    It was just to serve as an emergency recepticle if I couldn't quite get to the bathroom in time. It wasn't meant as a replacement for the bathroom.

She didn't want me puking on the living room floor, hence, the paper sack.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

noonwitch
    I rarely missed school for illness. I missed a week for chicken pox when I was 8-my mom brought me to work with her one day, and left me home alone another day.

I passed out at school in 9th grade, and my mom was actually home that day, and she wouldn't come get me. "You sound okay now" is what she said on the phone. "You'll feel better after swimming class".

I had a really bad flu in 11th grade, and missed a couple of days. She didn't stay home with me then, either, but I was 16.

My mom was a nurse. For us to miss school, we had to either throw up or run a fever over 100. Or have white spots on our tonsils that she could see by shining a flashlight down our throats.

We worked too hard to make a big deal out of being sick - child or adult. Where we lived, things still had to happen regardless of the circumstances and you cannot feed 30 horses and bring soup to a kid simultaneously.

My folks were really good about seeking out professional medical attention if arterial spurting was involved, though.

To this day I can't stand to be pestered when I'm sick. I would be horrified beyond belief about the puking assistance offer. Mr. Snaps tried to do that with me when were just married. He tried it once. Now, I don't mind babying someone else and I've done it often in trivial cases and life and death cases. I just don't want it for myself. ;)

I'd have to say that it depends on the severity. If the child is puking enough that they have trouble walking to the bathroom, I am most certainly there with water to rinse and spit, 7-up to sip, etc. If they puked once and then fell asleep, I'll go back to bed but remain alert to any weird noise and get up if they get sick again. If it's the next day, and they've kept some 7-up down, I may go to work. It would depend on how much we were both up during the night and the age of the child. Under 10, I'm home. Over 14, I'm gone. Between, judgment call...
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    Can I just say that this would have been a much more interesting thread if you had retained only the first five words of the thread title?

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    Can I just say that this would have been a much more interesting thread if you had retained only the first five words of the thread title?
    You're incorrigible.

I think Gator started a thread for you.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Cold Warrior View Post
    :D We have probably had threads like that already.