Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Bible Thumpers ..take this 
    link

Watch the youtube clip, it's pretty cool.

TheCoxwain Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Aug-26-09 03:05 PM
    Original message
    Bible Thumpers ..take this

The earth is an insignificant speck of dust in the universe ...

and stop taking yourselves (Image of god - no less) so fucking seriously

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HEheh1BH34Q
    And God Almighty is one Powerful God to create all that!! And even though we are like a speck of dust on what TheCoxwain calls "an insignificant speck of dust" He loves us with an everlasting love. He is faithful and it involved in each of our lives.

Jer 29:11 -
    For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

That's pretty cool.:)

Bible Thumpers ..take this
    I can't. It's still prime Bible thumping time.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Awesome reply, Carol!

Thanks, movie buff, but as you know it is simply the truth.

I love it that we get under their skin. Must annoy them that some day they'll actually have to give an account for their lives. Denial is bliss. :p
    Woe to those who call evil good
    and good evil,
    who put darkness for light
    and light for darkness,
    who put bitter for sweet
    and sweet for bitter.

Woe to those who are wise in their own eyes
    and clever in their own sight.

Isaiah 5:20-21

I'm not sure why they think any of that destroys "Bible thumpers." A single cell in the human body is more vast, complex and incomprehensible than anything we can point to in the night sky. We can recreate the fusion process that powers stars. We aren't anywhere near recreating a living cell.

Check these out for comparison:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKMw1ndl-EY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBkY1Ff46Bg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVxdRrWjh0g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6AB5IvogHc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVBNKSjg-LQ
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Sure were a lot of "facts" thrown around in the video. I wonder how they counted all those stars? How exactly do they measure the star diameters so accurately? How do they make a claim that we are not the center of the universe (not that I ever heard this claim from anybody, including "Bible thumpers)? If it is fact that we aren't the center as stated in the video, we must know at least the distance to one of the edges.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

This similar to the what-if-life-exists-on-other-planets theory of debunking Christianity. Well, what if it does? That doesn't have jack to do with the revelation and New Covenant we're living under. What? The Lord isn't "big enough" to provide other revelations tailor-made for other lifeforms if He pleases?

Only atheists really believe that the bible is some kind of authoritative, final canon on all of creation and all of God's plan for the entire universe and beyond. It's a handbook for human beings that explains human nature, salvation, and how to live a decent life - it's not some kind of theological Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.

That video clearly lies. I am most ASSUREDLY the center of the universe!!! :mad:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This similar to the what-if-life-exists-on-other-planets theory of debunking Christianity. Well, what if it does? That doesn't have jack to do with the revelation and New Covenant we're living under. What? The Lord isn't "big enough" to provide other revelations tailor-made for other lifeforms if He pleases?

Only atheists really believe that the bible is some kind of authoritative, final canon on all of creation and all of God's plan for the entire universe and beyond. It's a handbook for human beings that explains human nature, salvation, and how to live a decent life - it's not some kind of theological Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
    Who's to say that the plan for Earth isn't the same plan elsewhere? One death for all of the universe. Or maybe the other people on other planets didn't screw up and sin and therefore do not need a plan of salvation. There's nothing in the bible that says that Earthlings are the only people around.