Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30
  1. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Who's to say that the plan for Earth isn't the same plan elsewhere? One death for all of the universe. Or maybe the other people on other planets didn't screw up and sin and therefore do not need a plan of salvation. There's nothing in the bible that says that Earthlings are the only people around.
    Precisely and it's way, way beyond my personal pay-grade to speculate about the Final Destination of all creation. ;)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Woodland Park, Colorado, United States
    Posts
    8,565
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Who's to say that the plan for Earth isn't the same plan elsewhere? One death for all of the universe. Or maybe the other people on other planets didn't screw up and sin and therefore do not need a plan of salvation. There's nothing in the bible that says that Earthlings are the only people around.
    Good point. We already have evidence that God likes diversity, even within species. He also created other "beings" that reside in heaven and on earth. He's way bigger than an atheist's mind.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Senior Member enslaved1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Kingman, Arizona, United States
    Posts
    1,226
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This similar to the what-if-life-exists-on-other-planets theory of debunking Christianity. Well, what if it does? That doesn't have jack to do with the revelation and New Covenant we're living under. What? The Lord isn't "big enough" to provide other revelations tailor-made for other lifeforms if He pleases?

    Only atheists really believe that the bible is some kind of authoritative, final canon on all of creation and all of God's plan for the entire universe and beyond. It's a handbook for human beings that explains human nature, salvation, and how to live a decent life - it's not some kind of theological Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy.
    No, not only atheists. My and others understanding of Revelation has been that after the final battle, nothing else will remain except for New Jerusalem (Heaven) and the lake of fire (Hell).

    Quote Originally Posted by Revelations 21:1
    1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
    As far as man being the only living thing in the universe, I think it shows how unique and intentional we are in God's eyes.
    Romans 6:18 You have been set free from sin and have become slaves to righteousness.

    Differences between Obama and God: God's plan to save us is actually written down for people to read. Rush Limbaugh.

    My blog: How Things Look From Here Politics, religion, random stuff, now on Wednesdays!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Sure were a lot of "facts" thrown around in the video. I wonder how they counted all those stars? How exactly do they measure the star diameters so accurately? How do they make a claim that we are not the center of the universe (not that I ever heard this claim from anybody, including "Bible thumpers)? If it is fact that we aren't the center as stated in the video, we must know at least the distance to one of the edges.
    http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ay_040524.html
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member The Night Owl's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,586
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    This similar to the what-if-life-exists-on-other-planets theory of debunking Christianity. Well, what if it does? That doesn't have jack to do with the revelation and New Covenant we're living under. What? The Lord isn't "big enough" to provide other revelations tailor-made for other lifeforms if He pleases?
    The existence of life on planets other than Earth wouldn't make the god hypothesis any less plausible but something which might would be the discovery that the Universe has always been around in one form or another. If the Universe is found to be eternal then we have to do away with the notion that it was created.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    471
    Hey TNO! Welcome back.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,432
    Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    The existence of life on planets other than Earth wouldn't make the god hypothesis any less plausible but something which might would be the discovery that the Universe has always been around in one form or another. If the Universe is found to be eternal then we have to do away with the notion that it was created.
    Doubting the big bang theory now?

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #18  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,886
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    Doubting the big bang theory now?
    If there was no one there to hear it did it make a bang?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #19  
    Power CUer FlaGator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Swamps of N. Florida
    Posts
    22,432
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    If there was no one there to hear it did it make a bang?
    Technically no since sound is only an effect of a device that can transform pressure waves into sound. Also, sound needs a medium to travel through and since there was no matter for the first few nanoseconds the big bang would have be a fairly quiet event.

    I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #20  
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Posts
    13,581
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    That video clearly lies. I am most ASSUREDLY the center of the universe!!! :mad:
    Not Quite. But if the Steelers repeat this year, you'll be damned hard to live with. :D
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •