Hybrid View

1. #1 Netroots shafted by Reid, Pelosi and Emanual. 
    antifaschits Donating Member (1000+ posts) J
    Netroots shafted by Reid, Pelosi and Emanual. Updated at 7:24 PM

They were scheduled to appear in public, answer questions, and talk on Satuday. Netroots even had a site up, with votes up and down, on which questions would be submitted to them, Pelosi in particular.

As Gomer said all too often, SURPRISE, SURPRISE, SURPRISE!. They canceled.

Even though they could have easily scheduled votes and work late on Tuesday, Wednesday, or even Lobbyist Thursday, nope. Saturday is the day. Gives them an excuse to avoid dealing with pesky questions that the People might have.

I guess when you are at 9% popularity, the last thing you really want is public accountability. Especially when the top rated question on Netroots is Impeachment.

Shame on Reid, Pelousi and Emanual. They don't even have the guts to deal with a group of activists who could and should be their biggest supporters. I guess having a lack of spine and no honest answers will cause that.
    This used to be the Kos kids summer camp, now they call it Netroots. Should be nutroots.
    originalpckelly Donating Member (1000+ posts) J
    Response to Original message
    2. We are the Democratic Party, and they don't give a f**k about us.

They just want power.

antifaschits Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Response to Reply #2
    3. they just want to KEEP it. and f**k the constitution, or our Bill of Rights.
    I was really laughing at them and then I checked the site:

Ask The Speaker!
    Welcome to the Netroots Nation question submission page for the Saturday morning (July 19, 9:00am) keynote session "Ask The Speaker." The event empowers citizens to engage America's current House Speaker in substantive discussion about current issues, the legislative process, and how citizens can participate in their government. Instead of simply giving a speech at a podium, Speaker Pelosi will be taking your questions and interacting with convention attendees.
    Aren't they bitching a week early???

http://www.askthespeaker.org/akira/panel.do?id=885
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

My bad, they really did cancel.

Funnier yet!

http://www.netrootsnation.org/node/730
    I know, I know--what could possibly be more important than our annual gathering of the Netroots? That's what I said!

Sleep in Kossacks.