1. #1 Oh geez, the Bushes are going to be at the funera 
    DUers show their class.

link

LynneSin Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Thu Aug-27-09 03:51 PM
    Original message
    Oh geez, the Bushes are going to be at the funeral

Please, for the love of our dear sweet Jesus, do NOT let either of them speak - especially Jr.

I think they need to stop the tradition of all past living presidents attending the funerals like this
    peace13 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    3. Just let W know that Americans can now carry submachine guns on the street.

He will stay holed up at home
    JuniperLea
    6. Excellent!

I'm sure it will be quite uncomfortable for him to see the outpouring of love for a Democrat while he sits there wearing his flack jacket.
    JuniperLea
    5. That chaps my hide too... but...

The Kennedy's are much better people than I... I'm sure they are down with this.

Quite frankly, I could live the rest of my life quite happily never laying eyes on the lot of them ever again. The only exception would be seeing Bush II frog-marched by the Feds, in Hague courtroom scenes, and the puny, dank, smelly jail cell he rightfully deserves. Otherwise, I don't care to see his smarmy face ever again
    DebbieCDC
    8. Please leave the big fucking blue dress at home

Or if not for heaven's sake put them in the BACK row and keep the cameras off them. They could care less about Ted. This is just for fucking show.
    Sebastian Doyle
    44. Poppy released a statement

"Sorry I botched the plane crash, and never got another chance to kill him"
    H2O Man Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    13. This bugs me. Updated at 4:26 PM

I wasn't going to say anything, because it's not the time. But I'm glad that you did. I think it is in utterly terrible taste for those shitheads to be there
    orleans
    43. think about what you just said...

when has that fuckhead EVER wanted to "honor" anyone?

george bush pees on everybody--he has never honored a thing (or a person) in his sick and twisted life

if he shows up there i'm sure he'll be chuckling at some point if they don't have him on a few sedatives. and i'm sure he really doesn't want to go
    A few people don't agree with this kind of talk, most however are just as vile.
    Arkansas Granny
    49. This seems to be a case of damned if the do and damned if they don't.

Can you imagine the uproar if they didn't attend the funeral? It would be seen as a sign of total disrespect.
    That's DU all right.

DumbUnderequipped: The biggest collection of crap ever accumulated in a cesspool.:mad:
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I just heard on FoxNews that Bush Sr. will not be attending.

I guess they read DU. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    DumbUnderequipped: The biggest collection of crap ever accumulated in a cesspool.:mad:
    Worse! At least crap breaks down into harmless components!

I wonder if BDS will be covered under Obamacare.

It was reported earlier that "all the living ex-presidents will attend". I'm sure Bush, Sr, has a reason he can't attend, but why wouldn't they all attend? Kennedy was someone they all knew professionally, and maybe they all liked him, even if they didn't always agree with him.

If any of the ex presidents has a secret hatred for Teddy, it's Jimmy Carter. Teddy challenged Jimmy, a sitting president, in the 1980 dem primaries, and it was one of the many things that hurt Carter in the election that fall. I'm sure Carter has moved on since then, but still....

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It was reported earlier that "all the living ex-presidents will attend". I'm sure Bush, Sr, has a reason he can't attend, but why wouldn't they all attend? Kennedy was someone they all knew professionally, and maybe they all liked him, even if they didn't always agree with him.

If any of the ex presidents has a secret hatred for Teddy, it's Jimmy Carter. Teddy challenged Jimmy, a sitting president, in the 1980 dem primaries, and it was one of the many things that hurt Carter in the election that fall. I'm sure Carter has moved on since then, but still....
    I've been wondering about that myself, having never read anything about the issue. I would certainly assume that there must have been animosity between Carter & Kennedy.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

peace13 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    3. Just let W know that Americans can now carry submachine guns on the street.

He will stay holed up at home
    This response makes no sense on so many levels, I don't know where to begin.

#1: Bush is a hunter who uses guns. He is not afraid of them.

#2: Americans have always been able to carry submachine guns on the street in most areas.

#3: The Americans carrying submachine guns you are referring to are conservatives (and, according to liberals, "racist rednecks" as well), so Bush has nothing to fear from them.

#4: If he were to "stay holed up at home," it would be to avoid stinky liberal hippies like peace13.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana