Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Pictures of our backyard..... 
    I was rinsing off the deck and decided to take a few pictures to show some family that live out of state and I thought I would share some of the pictures with you all.

We have been working in our backyard for months. My husband tore apart our old pond and rebuilt it (made it deeper and wider). We had someone take up our old deck that was presure treated lumber and put down cedar (the shape is the exact same way my husband built it the first time) and build an arbor. We also put chopped stone around our planting beds. Our yard has been a friggen mess for months. My husband got the ceiling fan up last weekend and we are finished for the most part. Of course what project is ever truly finished?!?

I took so many pictures that I can't decide which ones to post so I'm sorry if some of them are overkill.

....more

the pond....

I thought I would show you a couple water lilies that recently bloomed. The purple one is called "Bagdad" (no "h") and is a tropical water lily. The yellow one is a hardy water lily but I don't remember what it is called.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    WOOT!!!

Fantastic pics BEG! You guys have a super cool place! :)
    May the FORCE be with you!

OMG, it's gorgeous, truly lovely! I was going to post pics of my little bitty garden, but I'd be ashamed. You've done a wonderful job. I don't know what's nicer, your kitchen or your back yard and pool.

I love that little pond with all the rock work. Did you have a landscape architect design that for you?
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    It's beautiful.

I hate you.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    WOOT!!!

Fantastic pics BEG! You guys have a super cool place! :)

Thanks SR.....the two of you need to come visit me now. :)

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    OMG, it's gorgeous, truly lovely! I was going to post pics of my little bitty garden, but I'd be ashamed. You've done a wonderful job. I don't know what's nicer, your kitchen or your back yard and pool.

I love that little pond with all the rock work. Did you have a landscape architect design that for you?
    Actually before we decided to built the arbor and redo the deck I wanted to hire a landscape architect because I was so frustrated with our backyard. We decided against it and my husband actually designed the way he wanted the arbor to look and where it was to be located. We have those tall windows and it was a very odd space to work with. The pond was all my husbands doing.

If you look at ponds on the internet there are more ugly ones that pretty ones. Even a lot of the ones that are professionally done look crappy. My husband is an industrial designer so I guess it's in his blood. I do all the planting and he does all the manual labor. :p

I'm really happy with this bed I did. Well my son and husband laid the chopped stone but I did the planting. Actually my son dug some of the holes.....:p

*edited to add, please post a picture of your garden.
    Last edited by BEG; 07-13-2008 at 09:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's beautiful.

I hate you.
    I know that you really love me.