Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    SLW, you have to get those hounds a kiddy pool! I did a search for greyhounds in pools and found some adorable pictures. Obviously they would love it.

Not a grey but so cute!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Originally, he envisioned a ground-level main pond with a complex waterfall. He rethought his engineering when he saw the Collie taking over a kiddie pool we set up for kids at a party.

The new design is seated in a rocky wall about 2 feet high and the other components will be much higher. Of course, the Collie is kind of athletic. :D
    You're just making it a challenge for the collie. :p He'll have fun splashing away.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    SLW, you have to get those hounds a kiddy pool! I did a search for greyhounds in pools and found some adorable pictures. Obviously they would love it.

Not a grey but so cute!!

Thanks, LL, those pics are so cute. The white one with ticking looks a lot like Xena. The pic is especially cute of the dark grey and the Xena lookalike floating together. It reminds me of Darlene and Xena, the two buddies.

I need to get a kiddie pool so I can give them a bath easier. They'll make a mess in the bathtub in the house. One has those shower doors, so it would be really tough to get them in there.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I suggested a pond here and SR just rolled his eyes. :D I guess he's right, the 3 greys would be splashing through it all the time. They're why my tomato plants are in large clay pots, so they can't be knocked down or peed on. Sigh.
    Our older schnauzer doesn't like water but the other one loves it. She will go into the beach entry of the pool and lay down in the water. She will even put her whole head under water. She wont go in the pond though but they both drink from it. They both watch the fish swim back and forth but don't bother them. Once when Toby was just a puppy he did get one out of the pond and on to the deck. I happened to be outside when it happened, I just threw it back in and it wasn't hurt. Since then he hasn't bothered the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    You're just making it a challenge for the collie. :p He'll have fun splashing away.
    We hope he'll be more challanged by Fly-Ball this winter. :D

We're doing some remodeling of our back yard. Here's the before pic... we don't have an after just yet... probably sometime after the kid comes and then moves out of the house get'r fixed up.

I like to shoot people with my CANON.

The big Cheese
    Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    Needs more cowbell.:D
    One does not greet death when he knocks at your door.

Nay you repeatedly punch him in the throat as he slowly drags you away.

Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    I think it looks fabulous, I want your hostas. They look so healthy and HUGE.
    You wouldn't nbelieve how many perennials (sp?) I gave away. People came over with SUV's filled with empty boxes. I just wanted to get the gardens down to something we coulld easily manage. My major contributions are the rocks. I got most while out fishing by myself. The big white piece of quartz took me about an hour to flip about 200 yards thru the woods then up an 8 ft bank and into my blazer. :)