Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BEG View Post
    Actually before we decided to built the arbor and redo the deck I wanted to hire a landscape architect because I was so frustrated with our backyard. We decided against it and my husband actually designed the way he wanted the arbor to look and where it was to be located. We have those tall windows and it was a very odd space to work with. The pond was all my husbands doing.

If you look at ponds on the internet there are more ugly ones that pretty ones. Even a lot of the ones that are professionally done look crappy. My husband is an industrial designer so I guess it's in his blood. I do all the planting and he does all the manual labor. :p

I'm really happy with this bed I did. Well my son and husband laid the chopped stone but I did the planting. Actually my son dug some of the holes.....:p

*edited to add, please post a picture of your garden.
    Compliments to you and your husband in the designs. I have an ex-relative who is a Harvard trained landscape architect (has a master's in it), and I like your designs better. She does commercial work and some unusual work in her own backyard. She painted the pool black and put the lilies in the pool. Then the tadpoles, then the inevitable frogs came into the pool. Couldn't believe they would swim in there. :eek: The place was weirdly interesting. The castor bean plants always bothered me, as they were so poisonous.

That pond looks like a professional did it. Also like the garden along the fence. Those caladium plants are beautiful. I had some last year, but didn't see any in the nursery where I picked up this year's plants.

Would love to visit Texas one of these days. It's been too many years since I've been there.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Goldwater
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    It's beautiful.

I hate you.
    I'm with Shirley on this one, it is lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Compliments to you and your husband in the designs. I have an ex-relative who is a Harvard trained landscape architect (has a master's in it), and I like your designs better. She does commercial work and some unusual work in her own backyard. She painted the pool black and put the lilies in the pool. Then the tadpoles, then the inevitable frogs came into the pool. Couldn't believe they would swim in there. :eek: The place was weirdly interesting. The castor bean plants always bothered me, as they were so poisonous.

That pond looks like a professional did it. Also like the garden along the fence. Those caladium plants are beautiful. I had some last year, but didn't see any in the nursery where I picked up this year's plants.

Would love to visit Texas one of these days. It's been too many years since I've been there.
    The pool was professionally done, my husband just did the pond.

Thanks for the kind words. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    I'm with Shirley on this one, it is lovely.

You hate me too? :eek:

Goldwater
    You hate me too? :eek:
    No I wuv you, but I also hate the part of you that owns that. :D

Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    No I wuv you, but I also hate the part of you that owns that. :D

You sound like a liberal. :p

It's beautiful but, too small. At least you don't have much to mow. It must be in town because it has a privacy fence.

Quote Originally Posted by CLibertarian View Post
    It's beautiful but, too small. At least you don't have much to mow. It must be in town because it has a privacy fence.
    Yes, it is in town. I live in the DFW area. Believe it or not, my yard is slightly larger than average for the area we live in.

Yes, it is in town. I live in the DFW area. Believe it or not, my yard is slightly larger than average for the area we live in.
    I think most Texas places have a privacy fence. I know when I lived in San Antonio the majority of the homes in my neighborhood had them. I loved it and glad that I have one now.

Your yard has to be pretty big to accomodate such a big pool and have that pond and large patio. It's truly beautiful.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I think most Texas places have a privacy fence. I know when I lived in San Antonio the majority of the homes in my neighborhood had them. I loved it and glad that I have one now.

Your yard has to be pretty big to accomodate such a big pool and have that pond and large patio. It's truly beautiful.
    My yard is a little over an acre and it is average to small for the area. If you need a privacy fence, your neighbors are too close.:p