Thread: Poo-flinging DUmp monkey deletes posts from YouTube video

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Poo-flinging DUmp monkey deletes posts from YouTube video 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3368455

Generic Other Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sat May-31-08 01:24 PM
    Original message
    Please come respond to this RW attack on my Youtube video

Advertisements [?]
    My video "1984 + Bush" just went over 10,000 hits on YouTube. Thanks DU for watching it!

I saw this morning that some rightwing dork left me this comment. Please go give him some love, and watch my video if ya haven't seen it! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j704r2SKHo4
    I actually had commented on this video previously (was the first to comment, in fact). Anyway, recently, we had this exchange on YouTube:

Larkworthy (1 year ago)

Oh and lets not forget the new microwave weapon (death ray) the USAF wants to test on US citizens.

JMcH (1 day ago)

The USAF doesn't test weapons on US citizens.

Larkworthy (1 day ago)

Nonlethal weapons such as high-power microwave devices should be used on American citizens in crowd-control situations before they are used on the battlefield, the Air Force secretary said Tuesday.

Domestic use would make it easier to avoid questions in the international community over any possible safety concerns, said Air Force Secretary Michael Wynne. 9/06

JMcH (2 minutes ago)

Wow. What a gross distortion of what that person said. Here's what he really said (direct quote, not some liberally-biased paraphrase):

"If we're not willing to use it here against our fellow citizens, then we should not be willing to use it in a wartime situation."

This makes a lot of sense (and has nothing to do with testing anything). If we don't feel safe enough to use such weapons on American citizens, then we should not use them against foreign forces in war.

JMcH (3 seconds ago)

Oh, and I thought we were talking about "death rays," not "non-lethal weapons." Geez, you're so stupid you can't even keep your b.s. straight.
    I completely, utterly and devastatingly pwnd his sorry arse, so what does he do? He deletes my last two comments and blocks me! How pathetic and utterly typical!

Hey, if anyone else - lots of anyone elses, in fact - wants to re-add my points, please feel free. Maybe he'll get a clue.
    Last edited by jinxmchue; 06-02-2008 at 01:08 AM.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    As usual, well done Jinx.

Libs are all for censorship.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    I completely, utterly and devastatingly pwnd his sorry arse, so what does he do? He deletes my last two comments and blocks me! How pathetic and utterly typical!
    Notice that you got blocked after your second comment... the one in which you drop the pretense of civility. You can't really blame Lakeworthy for blocking you after you called him or her stupid.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

I totally PWN3D the DUmiie on the lies it was telling about The Patriot Act and the DUmmie had to delete my comments too. BAWAHAHAHAHA!

DUmmies cannot survive outside the hive.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    As usual, well done Jinx.

Libs are all for censorship.
    Moonbats believe in freedom of speech .... as long as its something they want to hear

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    Notice that you got blocked after your second comment... the one in which you drop the pretense of civility. You can't really blame Lakeworthy for blocking you after you called him or her stupid.
    Ah, I see. So it's only okay if he does it (which he has). Okay. Glad to know where you stand.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan D. Doty View Post
    Moonbats believe in freedom of speech .... as long as its something they want to hear
    YouTube is a privately owned company. Neither YouTube nor its users are required to provide complete freedom of speech.

Arguing that YouTube users who delete comments by others are against freedom of speech is like arguing that property owners who remove graffitti on their properties are against freedom of speech. A ridiculous argument.

The First Amendment protects against the government making laws which infringe on freedom of speech. It does not ensure freedom of speech in all circumstances and in all places.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

YouTube is a privately owned company. Neither YouTube nor its users are required to provide complete freedom of speech.

Arguing that YouTube users who delete comments by others are against freedom of speech is like arguing that property owners who remove graffitti on their properties are against freedom of speech. A ridiculous argument.

The First Amendment protects against the government making laws which infringe on freedom of speech. It does not ensure freedom of speech in all circumstances and in all places.
    R-i-i-i-g-h-t.

The point is not the technicality of what constitutes "freedom of speech." The point is that the moonbats cannot tolerate a free and open debate and actively silence any opposing opinion or viewpoint if and when they can. How the DUmp is moderated and how this DUmmie deleted comments are prime examples of that. Another great example is how they protest, throw pies and disrupt appearances by conservatives on college campuses and at other places.

Granted, DU is a privately owned entity and they have every right to tombstone at will. The irony is how many DUmmies claim the DUmp is a place for the free and open exchange of ideas when that is FAR from the case.
    Last edited by FDK; 06-02-2008 at 03:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FDK View Post
    Granted, DU is a privately owned entity and they have every right to tombstone at will. The irony is how many DUmmies claim the DUmp is a place for the free and open exchange of ideas when that is FAR from the case.
    Regardless of what anyone says, the stated rules at DU clearly indicate that the site is intended for Democrats and progressives only.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Regardless of what anyone says, the stated rules at DU clearly indicate that the site is intended for Democrats and progressives only.
    Actually, it's only for "progressives." Moderate Democrats have found themselves crowned with granite as quickly as any conservative.