Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldwater View Post
    :eek:

Get to the Church people!
    I don't bite......hard.

I know that's a tired and oft-used saying, but it has been a long week and weekend.
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Isolated Mountain Range in Eastern Nevada
    Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    Oh yeah.... ?.... Well who is your current boyfriend? Ima stealing him from you. :D
    can't he's on the phone with me now :)
    I smile because I don't know what the heck is going on.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkalot View Post
    can't he's on the phone with me now :)
    I know. Just kidding, I don't know, but I thought that would add some drama. Little old me is just sitting here at the kitchen table by my lonesome. :p
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”

Quote Originally Posted by Schadenfreude View Post
    I know. Just kidding, I don't know, but I thought that would add some drama. Little old me is just sitting here at the kitchen table by my lonesome. :p
    u should hear his voice....think trace atkins

I can see you won't give him up without a fight and I am too tired tonight..... good night lurky. :p

He's from a town just down the road form me. One of my cousins lives in Sarepta.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Darn, I need to go take a cold shower. That is one sexy man.

Have you seen "You're Gonna Miss This". As a momma of a teen, it breaks my heart.

Trace Adkins - You're Gonna Miss This Lyrics

She was staring out the window of that SUV
    Complaning, saying "I can't wait to turn 18"
    She said "I'll make my own money, and I'll make my own rules"
    Mamma put the car in park out there in front of the school
    Then she kissed her head and said "I was just like you"

You're gonna miss this
    You're gonna want this back
    You're gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast
    These are some good times
    So take a good look around
    You may not know it now
    But you're gonna miss this

Before she knows it she's a brand new bride
    In a one-bedroom apartment, and her daddy stops by
    He tells her "It's a nice place"
    She says "It'll do for now"
    Starts talking about babies and buying a house
    Daddy shakes his head and says "Baby, just slow down"

Cause you're gonna miss this
    You may not know it now
    But you're gonna miss this

Five years later there's a plumber workin' on the water heater
    Dog's barkin', phone's ringin'
    One kid's cryin', one kid's screamin'
    She keeps apologizin'
    He says "They don't bother me.
    I've got 2 babies of my own.
    One's 36, one's 23.
    Huh, it's hard to believe, but ...

You're gonna miss this
    You may not know it now
    But you're gonna miss this"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vG9XfJxMY8A

Sarepta plays host to Trace Adkins
    Written by Jana Ryan
    Monday, 03 March 2008
    American country music singer-songwriter Trace Adkins returned home to Sarepta this past weekend to film a music video for his newly released single, “You’re Gonna Miss This.”

The ballad, sung in three acts, depicts various stages of life that one doesn’t realize he/she will miss until that time has passed.

According to the video’s director, Peter Zavadil, Tail Light TV crews were in the area Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of last week filming various shots for the video. Scenes of Adkins visiting childhood haunts, including Sarepta High School, were shot Saturday.

“You’re Gonna Miss This” is included on Adkins’ latest album, a second greatest hits compilation titled, “American Man: Greatest Hits, Vol. 2”, which was released on Dec. 4, 2007. The song was written by Lee Thomas Miller and Ashley Gorley.

Zavadil said the video will be multifaceted - not only telling the story of those portrayed by the song, but how the concept affects Adkins.

“The idea of this song is, cherish the moments of your life,” said Zavadil, who has been on the country music scene since the 90s. “It’s a powerful song - a great thing. He (Adkins) has a powerful voice, but he sings this song with a tone of he’s been there, and he’s sincere.”

Zavadil said Adkins has always felt an affinity with his hometown and roots.

“He’s very close to his mom and dad and this is home to him,” said Zavadil. “When he started thinking about the video, he decided he wanted to go back to his roots - where he played football, where he went to school.”

The director, who received CMA (Country Music Association) awards for his work on Brad Paisley’s “I’m Gonna Miss Her” and Sarah Evans’ “Born to Fly” videos, said in order to acquire an authenticity to Adkins’ video, he decided to use locals during filming.

“There will be some local folks playing roles and parts,” said Zavadil. “We like using real people and real locals. If you know folks from the Sarepta and Springhill area, you’ll probably recognize someone in the video.”

Adkins made his debut in 1996 with the single, “There’s a Girl in Texas”, which reached Top 20 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks charts. It was followed by the release of his debut album, “Dreamin’ Out Loud”, which also included his first Number One single, “(This Ain’t) No Thinkin’ Thing”.

Between 1996 and the present, Adkins has charted more than 20 singles on the Billboard country music charts and recorded seven studio albums and two greatest hits compilations.

Adkins also recently released his first book titled, “A Personal Stand: Observations and Opinions from a Free-Thinking Roughneck.”

“We’re looking forward to this with great anticipation,” Sarepta Mayor E.L. Edwards said Friday prior to Adkins’ arrival. “He always stands up and says he’s proud to be from Sarepta. Most people, they forget their grassroots and where they’re from, but he has always been proud of Sarepta. He’s proud to be a Hornet and we’re proud of him.”

When asked if he would be making his acting debut in Adkins’ video, Edwards laughed and said, “Maybe he’ll need an old man in it for a grandpa.”

As “You’re Gonna Miss This” has already hit the airwaves, production of the video will be expedited and country music fans should be able to view the video within two to three weeks.

That song brings tears to my eyes! One day at work I was talking about something the little bug did that was just a typical kid thing, frustrating....and my chief of engineering who is a grandpa looked at me and said "you're gonna miss this" and I teared up...
    he is an incredible musician and absolutely NOT hard on the eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    He's from a town just down the road form me. One of my cousins lives in Sarepta.
    OMG
    First thing I would do is get a picture of myself in front of his childhood house just to say I was there!