Hybrid View

1. #1 Has The New Yorker lost it's freaking mind??? 
    XOKCowboy Sun Jul-13-08 07:27 PM

Has The New Yorker lost it's freaking mind???

You have got to see the new cover for next weeks New Yorker. John Aravosis is all over this at AmericaBlog

http://www.americablog.com/2008/07/new-yorker-cover-sho...

This is what we have to deal with in America, as Democrats. A liberal media that bends over so far backwards to be "fair" that it becomes just as bad as FOX News. A liberal publication like the New Yorker thinks it's funny to make Mrs. Obama some radical black panther, Barack Obama basically a terrorist (you'll note that he looks just like Osama bin Laden on the wall), and they're even burning the American flag in the Oval Office (that's supposed to be the White House, get it?). They put Osama bin Laden on the wall of the Oval Office. And this is funny? Is the New Yorker so out of touch that they don't realize that much of America, or at least too much of America, harbors these very concerns about Obama and his wife? I'm sure the New Yorker thinks they're actually poking holes in the myth by making light of the stereotypes. Yeah, and tell us how this pokes fun at the stereotype? It reinforces it. And yet again, you'd never see them try anything like this with John McCain. God forbid you even ask a question about John McCain's experience, the media will destroy you. But paint Obama and his wife as America-hating flag-burning violent terrorists, and it's funny. I can't wait to hear what Mrs. Greenspan and Bob Schieffer over at NBC have to say about this. Somehow I'm betting their outrage won't be as great as when anyone questions Saint McCain.

Oh how the east coast elite thinks that they're funny! It's a caricature, get it? It's making fun of the Neocons of course. People everywhere will get the joke right?

It will be on the stands next week

link: http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3613379

i don't understand the outrage. looks pretty accurate to me...

Probably very accurate.................I guess the Obamas can't handle any critique of their positions or words in any why shape or form.

Notice the flag in the fire place and the picture over the mantle.

over 700 replies on the Yahoo site that drudge references.

I thought the New Yorker stuff might have slowed down this morning but DU is full of it again.

Max_powers94 (265 posts)
    Original message
    This post might get lock..but I am going to say it anyway...

I think The Clinton's are behind the New yorker cover story..
    Yesterday, some braniac over there said "We are smart enough to see it's satire but repugs are so dumb they will believe it!"
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Sonnabend
    Has The New Yorker lost it's freaking mind???

You have got to see the new cover for next weeks New Yorker. John Aravosis is all over this at AmericaBlog
    Would you like me to show you just how many vicious cartoons you lot have made of President Bush?

Hey DU

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_power94
    think The Clinton's are behind the New yorker cover story..
    God damn DU! It's "Clintons" plural not "Clinton's" possessive.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Would you like me to show you just how many vicious cartoons you lot have made of President Bush?

Speaking of which:

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6497911

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ReaganForRus View Post
    Probably very accurate.................I guess the Obamas can't handle any critique of their positions or words in any why shape or form.

The New Yorker will have to do a hit piece on McCain in the next month or two so not to lose subscribers.

Not only is their a smidgeon of truth in this cartoon, the N.Y. has swiftboated Obama without this rag even knowing it.

Whoever is sitting in for Rachel Madcow on Err America was discussing this with a guest yesterday afternoon. Their conclusion was that it was good satire that could be unetsood by LA and NY urbanites but could not be understood properly by the average Joe living somewhere like Kansas. As well all know, liberal talking heads are NEVER elitist.