1. #1 republicans want to "honor" ted kennedy by denying him his dying wish 
    link

unblock (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-28-09 01:33 PM
    Original message
    republicans want to "honor" ted kennedy by denying him his dying wish

Edited on Fri Aug-28-09 01:39 PM by unblock
    republicans are out talking about the "wellstone effect" and how it's not proper to "politicize" the death of ... a politician.

screw them.

SLAP TEDDY'S NAME ON SINGLE PAYER AND PASS THE DAMN THING WITHOUT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE!

and while we're at it, let's change the name of every "reagan" school in america to "kennedy".
    How much more can they politicize Kenney's death? We put our HERO's name on it so you HAVE to agree with us and pass it
    Zodiak Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    1. Republicans have become disgusting demons of filth

Edited on Fri Aug-28-09 01:53 PM by Zodiak
    It does not surprise me that they are trying to rub feces all over Ted Kennedy's legacy.

EVERYTHNG they do is political. They cannot even pull their own puds without making a federal case out of it.

The REAL question is....do we let them get away with it?

I say "hell no". Ram the fucking legislation down their fattened throats and kick them down the stairs. Then tell 'em Ted would have wanted it that way.
    Yeah, that's the way to do it. It will endear you to all the moderates out there.

Banned
    I cant stand it anymore hearing about how the republicans are holding up HC reform lol

I am begging the dems to pass it without a republican vote.

That title is true for me.. I'd love for that to be the reason we defeat it... No, Ted, not yours.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

If they do this, hopefully the "Ted Kennedy Memorial Health Care Bill" will go the way of the "Paul Wellstone Memorial Political Rally."
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

I have to agree that passing a healthcare reform based on a politician's dying wish would be a poor choice. What if George W. Bush died? Should we suddenly reform Social Security the way he wanted? Bad logic.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Kennedy name not enough to move health reform

Poll Results :
    What is your overall feeling about Kennedy?
    Negative 70%

Democrats plan to invoke Sen. Edward Kennedy’s name repeatedly in their push for a massive overhaul of the healthcare system, but political insiders in both parties say his name alone will fall far short of the contribution he could have made personally.

Sen. Robert Byrd (D-W.Va.) wants the reform bill named after Sen. Kennedy (D-Mass.). Sen. Tom Harkin (D-Iowa) declared his death a reason to “rededicate our efforts toward passing legislation to provide robust, quality health insurance coverage for all Americans.”

But Republicans are not about to be shamed into blindly backing a one-sided bill, and some conservatives have already criticized Democrats for trying to politicize the issue through the use of Kennedy’s name.

They counter that Democrats could honor Kennedy best by making concessions — something Kennedy earned a reputation for in his 46 years as a legislator.

“It depends on the bill,” said Sen. Judd Gregg (R-N.H.), who worked closely with Kennedy to pass one of the biggest bipartisan domestic initiatives of the past 10 years, the 2002 education law known as the No Child Left Behind Act.

Gregg, an adviser to the Senate GOP leadership, said that “it would be nice” if Kennedy’s legacy helped advance a compromise and that if legislation bore Kennedy’s name “it’s something that would be appropriate.”

But Gregg said Kennedy’s memory will not attract Republican support unless Democrats make significant concessions to the other side.

Specifically, Republicans want Democrats to abandon their plan to create a broad government-run health insurance program, known as the public option, which conservatives fear would drive most private insurance companies out of business.

Some liberal stakeholders doubt how much of an impact Kennedy’s death will have on the progress of healthcare reform, noting that his long physical absence from the Senate had accustomed lawmakers to working without him.

http://thehill.com/leading-the-news/...009-08-28.html
    Last edited by megimoo; 08-28-2009 at 05:39 PM.

Thats not true. If he were still alive I for one would like to deny him his living wish as well.
    Wonder if hell spend eternity in a car filled with Scotch?
    Onward Thru the Fog

Why the hell are they avoiding the fact that at his age, the medical care he received wouldn't be an option for THEM?!!
    Kennedy was obviously OK with such a double standard. But, then again, he was quite accustomed to double standards. Any of us..or even a DU'er might have had a tad more legal problems after the exact same bridge-miss.
    If Ted's your hero, you need serious help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I have to agree that passing a healthcare reform based on a politician's dying wish would be a poor choice. What if George W. Bush died? Should we suddenly reform Social Security the way he wanted? Bad logic.
    Hell yes we should even before he dies....may he live a long good life.

unblock (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Fri Aug-28-09 01:33 PM
    Original message
    republicans want to "honor" ted kennedy by denying him his dying wish

Edited on Fri Aug-28-09 01:39 PM by unblock
    republicans are out talking about the "wellstone effect" and how it's not proper to "politicize" the death of ... a politician.

screw them.

SLAP TEDDY'S NAME ON SINGLE PAYER AND PASS THE DAMN THING WITHOUT A SINGLE REPUBLICAN VOTE!

and while we're at it, let's change the name of every "reagan" school in america to "kennedy".

And while we are at it ,lets rename EVERY BRIDGE "THE TEDDY KILLING BRIDGE"