Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Are there two services? WBC protested Russert's Kennedy Center service.

I doubt the protesters will get too close if the President is there.
    Looks like Westboro has bad information - AP says the president is going to the funeral, at the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception, which makes more sense than Christ Church.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    They're not left or right wing, they are just idiot who think that people actually care what they think. The only thing they are good for is O'Reilly bait.
    agreed. Hate knows no party or ideology. They simply practice hate under the name Christian. That doesn't make them a Christian anymore than it made Hitler one....as some still falsely believe.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by asdf2231 View Post
    "Lose control" of your car and plow into 'em for us.

We'll kick in a ton of money to help pay for the damages to your suspension and get the dings in the bodywork hammered out. :D
    Before reading, "We'll kick in a ton of money...", I was reaching for my wallet to get some gas money.

I was just reading on a site that shall remain nameless, a letter from Elizabeth E. on Tony Snow's life and death. I prepared myself, gritted my teeth and expected the worst. To say I was surprised would be an understatement. I must admit it was much kinder and compassionate than I had expected. What really caught me off guard was the reaction from the locals. There were a couple who relished in his death, but many more just appreciated her compassion. I had to double check that I hadn't been routed to the wrong site.

I imagine the local's mood will revert once a piece of red meat appears, but the letter is worth the read if only for it's decency.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    agreed. Hate knows no party or ideology. They simply practice hate under the name Christian. That doesn't make them a Christian anymore than it made Hitler one....as some still falsely believe.

Tools of Satan whose sole purpose is to stain the Body of Christ with a stereotype of intolerant hate mongers.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis