1. #1 Elder Bush Sitting Out Kennedy Funeral 
    sabra (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-28-09 11:23 AM
    Original message
    Elder Bush Sitting Out Kennedy Funeral
    Advertisements [?]Source: CBS New/AP

Spokesman for 85-Year-Old Former President Says Younger Bush Will Represent Family

(CBS/ AP) The elder President George Bush will not be attending Sen. Edward Kennedy's funeral.

A spokesman for Mr. Bush said Friday that he and his wife, Barbara, decided not to attend Kennedy's funeral after learning their son, former President George W. Bush, would attend.

Jim McGrath says the 85-year-old Mr. Bush feels his son's presence would "amply and well represent" the family Saturday.

The senior Bush's staff is unsure of how the word got out that he'd be at the funeral because, in the words of a source, "that was never the case." Asked if the senior Bush's health is OK, the source said, "rest assured all is well," reports CBS News White House correspondent Peter Maer. Following their long tradition, George and Barbara Bush are spending the summer at Kennebunkport, Maine.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/28/politics/main...
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=4036510

WannaJumpMyScooter (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-28-09 11:25 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. what a hateful, old fuck
    and fuckess.... I guess he feels guilty for his role in the murder of Ted's brother, huh?
    and of course there is somewhere a thread about how they did not want them to attend. Damn if they do and damn if they dont
    Lets just paint some happy clouds over at the sunshine and lollipop land

and of course there is somewhere a thread about how they did not want them to attend. Damn if they do and damn if they dont
    It can't be about political differences with these hate-filled pieces of scum. They have to make everything personal.

The modern face of Liberalism.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by aka:PBS View Post
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=4036510

First they bitched that he was going, now they're bitching that he's not going?!

Like i said many times before, Moonbat have to find something every day to bitch about
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

The Press: The Bushes will attend the funeral.

DUers: Why can't they stay home! Those horrible people!

The Press: Bush Sr. will stay home.

DUers: Hateful old man!

:D

I'm sure it's just different people with different opinions.

Here's a weird idea. We don't have to attend or sit home with every funeral and we shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

When I was a freshman in college, I got word that a guy I didn't like (from high school) accidently shot himself at a party. I questioned whether I should attend out of respect. I concluded that since me and this guy didn't really get along well that it would be disrespectful to go. I also didn't know the guy well (he was known for his trouble making). While I chose not to attend his funeral, I was still sorry that he was gone at such a young age and I was still concerned for his soul. So my choosing not to attend the funeral didn't mean I hated the guy. If I had chose to go out of respect, it didn't mean I wanted to be disrespectful either.

Going back to Bush Sr, I think people shouldn't think anything personal of it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    The Press: The Bushes will attend the funeral.

DUers: Why can't they stay home! Those horrible people!

The Press: Bush Sr. will stay home.

DUers: Hateful old man!

:D

I'm sure it's just different people with different opinions.

Here's a weird idea. We don't have to attend or sit home with every funeral and we shouldn't make a big deal out of it.

When I was a freshman in college, I got word that a guy I didn't like (from high school) accidently shot himself at a party. I questioned whether I should attend out of respect. I concluded that since me and this guy didn't really get along well that it would be disrespectful to go. I also didn't know the guy well (he was known for his trouble making). While I chose not to attend his funeral, I was still sorry that he was gone at such a young age and I was still concerned for his soul. So my choosing not to attend the funeral didn't mean I hated the guy. If I had chose to go out of respect, it didn't mean I wanted to be disrespectful either.

Going back to Bush Sr, I think people shouldn't think anything personal of it.
    For the love of pete who cares?

Perhaps GHWB remembers the warm reception Republicans got at Wellstone's funeral/political rally.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

I am NOT a Ted Kennedy fan but given TK's long tenure in the senate I think GHWB should've attended if he's in good health. Just my .02.

Sonnabend
    WannaJumpMyScooter (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-28-09 11:25 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. what a hateful, old fuck
    and fuckess.... I guess he feels guilty for his role in the murder of Ted's brother, huh?
    Yeah yeah, and Pres. bush detonated a nuke in the Pacific to cause the tsunami.

Grow the FUCK up will you?

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars1701a View Post
    For the love of pete who cares?
    Lars, you're sort of an asshole to everybody I see you posting to. Please, please, please get off your rag.