Thread: Morbid Monday

1. #1 Morbid Monday 
    Rainy and cooler here today. High of 85 with scattered T storms.

TOTD: After seeing The Final Destination and The Last House on the Left this weekend, I wondered, "What is the worst way to die?".

How do you least want to die? Natural causes (cancer, disease) do not count.

How would you kill your worst enemy? Even if you wouldn't, imagine someone has raped your daughter (or something comparable)

Gotta beat the 9AM deadline, so I'll chime in later.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Power CUer
    Downer of a day thread, Reb.

I guess the worst way to die would be .... being buried alive. Some of the "natural causes" are pretty awful too, but you specifically excluded those.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Banned
    Looks like a sunny pretty day in Bayou Land. The weather forecaster predicted rain Sat. and Sunday. Not a drop and we need it. Looks like I will turn on the sprinkler system.

Going shopping this am to buy shorts and shirts to take on my beach vacation that starts tomorrow.

TOTD: My back was burned badly as a kid so that would be my worst scenario of death. Death is not a downer for me cause I believe I will be joining my mom and dad in heaven.

Low to mid 80s all this week with scattered random showers in the late afternoon.

TOTD: burning to death seems pretty awful but that escalator scene in Final Destination IV isn't going to be forgotten by me for a long, long time. :eek:
    Last edited by Gingersnap; 08-31-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Low to mid 80s all this week with scattered random showers in the late afternoon.

TOTD: burning to death deems pretty awful but that escalator scene in Final Destination IV isn't going to be forgotten by me for a long, long time. :eek:
    The escalator was bad. The pool guy getting his guts sucked out his asshole was pretty bad too.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Buried alive or drowning. * shudders*

I remember an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode about a lady being buried alive. It totally freaked me out. I've never gotten over it.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I remember an Alfred Hitchcock Presents episode about a lady being buried alive. It totally freaked me out. I've never gotten over it.
    For me it was reading the old Edgar Allan Poe story, "The Premature Burial", when I was about nine. The narrator's phobia turns out to be baseless in the end, but that subtle nicety was lost on me at the time. I was pretty shaken up. Now I know we can just float up through the earth, the way Uma Thurman did in "Kill Bill". :p
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Sounds like someone has a case of the Mondays.

Dying? Pretty much anything slow and lingering would suck. Buried alive especially, I think. Too much time to think about it.

Killing your worst enemy? Bullet to the back of the head. Done is done.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post
    :D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by FeebMaster View Post

Dying? Pretty much anything slow and lingering would suck. Buried alive especially, I think. Too much time to think about it.

Killing your worst enemy? Bullet to the back of the head. Done is done.
    Your worst enemy should die a slow death. Check out The Last House on the Left. You'll see why.