Thread: Kennedy’s Massachusetts Senate Seat to Be Made Hereditary

1. #1 ...................................... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Last edited by megimoo; 08-31-2009 at 03:49 PM.

I don't think this is really accurate. It seems more like "the Onion" kind of satire.

Power CUer
    It is, in fact, a satire. Whether Megi perceived it or not is another question. It even says so at the top of the post, on (of course) Free Republic.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    It is, in fact, a satire. Whether Megi perceived it or not is another question. It even says so at the top of the post, on (of course) Free Republic.
    Just a pet peeve of mine...things such as this should be put in the humor section, or have some notation that it is satire. Otherwise, there will be at least 100 people who will believe that the story is accurate.

I have to say, the Onion has gotten me on occasion. They can write some pretty believable nonsense.

Of course, this particular story is really not all that far fetched, considering the subject of the article.

I was disappointed when I realized it wasn't real.
    ... certain forms of ammunition have no legitimate sporting, recreational, or self-defense use and thus should be prohibited. Such action is long overdue.

- Ronald Reagan