Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Another Nice Tuesday 
    We couldn’t ask for nicer weather for September in Oklahoma! Normally it is hot till the third week. The last few days have been in the low 80’s.

TOTD: My wife made a batch of oatmeal cookies two days ago and I have them all eaten but one. What are your favorite cookies!

Banned
    I am heading out this am for my beach vacation. The weather is supposed to be great for the next couple of days.

TOTD; nothing better than Brownies with pecans or walnuts.

Power CUer
    Gorgeous here, too, as though autumn kicked in right on the first of September.

Favorite: thin ginger cookies, like Moravian cookies.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

We'll be in the 80s during the day all week but it's dropping down at night already. We had a spectacular moon last night thanks to the fires and an even more dramatic sunrise today. Regional transport will ensure that the full moon on Friday will be amazing!

TOTD: Cookies are my only food vice. You can have your chocolate or premium ice creams - just give me the cookies. I will start baking them again this month. I like all cookies but I especially like to bake seasonal types of cookies: spice cookies and soft ginger cookies in October, Pepparkakor at Christmas, molded springerle cookies at Easter, etc.

But I'm more than happy to fill in on ordinary days with oatmeal-raisin, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, jewel cookies, or whatever. My "favorite" cookie is pretty much whatever I'm making that day. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    We'll be in the 80s during the day all week but it's dropping down at night already. We had a spectacular moon last night thanks to the fires and an even more dramatic sunrise today. Regional transport will ensure that the full moon on Friday will be amazing!

TOTD: Cookies are my only food vice. You can have your chocolate or premium ice creams - just give me the cookies. I will start baking them again this month. I like all cookies but I especially like to bake seasonal types of cookies: spice cookies and soft ginger cookies in October, Pepparkakor at Christmas, molded springerle cookies at Easter, etc.

But I'm more than happy to fill in on ordinary days with oatmeal-raisin, chocolate chip, sugar cookies, shortbread cookies, jewel cookies, or whatever. My "favorite" cookie is pretty much whatever I'm making that day. :)
    I'm hungry they are all gone now! That woman said she would bake another batch today. Yippy!

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    We couldnít ask for nicer weather for September in Oklahoma! Normally it is hot till the third week. The last few days have been in the low 80ís.

TOTD: My wife made a batch of oatmeal cookies two days ago and I have them all eaten but one. What are your favorite cookies!
    Chewy? With walnuts? :o I ADORE a good oatmeal cookie . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Great morning out in the dove fields.

Had rain last night, so it messed up the flight patterns, they didn't have to go very far to find water. The birds were flying every which way, no rhyme or reason to the flight patterns. It was slightly overcast keeping the sun off of us for a good part of the morning until it burned off. Lots of rainbows in the west at sunrise.

18 doves in the bag, me 10, wife 8.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    Great morning out in the dove fields.

Had rain last night, so it messed up the flight patterns, they didn't have to go very far to find water. The birds were flying every which way, no rhyme or reason to the flight patterns. It was slightly overcast keeping the sun off of us for a good part of the morning until it burned off. Lots of rainbows in the west at sunrise.

18 doves in the bag, me 10, wife 8.
    Congratulations! Post something yummy in Recipes about them. :D

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Oatmeal raisin cookies are my favorite.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Cool today on The Mountain. Overcast but no rain.

My favorite all time cookie is oatmeal raisin. I like 'em with chopped pecans in 'em.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!