1. #1 Louisiana's possible champion of the right 
    Louisiana's possible champion of the right
    Speculative frenzy surrounds Gov. Jindal as potential McCain V.P. choice
    By Adam Nossiter
    The New York Times
    updated 2:23 a.m. ET, Mon., June. 2, 2008

BATON ROUGE, La. - Religion and fiscal stringency have a friendly home at the state Capitol here, with a conservative, Bobby Jindal, in the governor’s office, a host of straight-arrow novice legislators eager to please him and an honored spot for the Louisiana Family Forum in the old marble halls.

The newly conservative tone of state government is seeping through a host of successful bills — on school vouchers, creationism, stem-cell restrictions and tax and spending cuts — and it is adding to the speculative frenzy here surrounding Mr. Jindal as a potential vice-presidential choice for Senator John McCain.

Politicians here say they are certain that Mr. Jindal would balance a McCain ticket, and not just because he is an Indian-American. The Christian right has a new champion in Mr. Jindal, a serious Catholic who has said that “in my faith, you give 100 percent of yourself to God.”

The more I learn about Governor Jindal the more I like him. And as much as I believe he could only help McCain as VP, I realize Louisiana needs him right now. It's worth clicking the link to read the whole article, IMO, Gov. Jindal is doing great work for Louisiana.

Goldwater
    Probably not a good idea for Jindal to be wiped out politically at such a young age.

Banned
    After 4 years of a Democ. incompetent idiot, former Gov. K. Blanco, Louisiana needs a break. Jindal needs to attain more politicial seasoning. He would help McCain balance the ticket but I hope he is not offered the job. It is remarkable that a Democ. legislature has approved most of what the new Governor has asked for, and has even reduced spending below what was requested by the Administration. I guess when you have a leader, strange things happen. The Repub.Congress & the Prez need to take notice.

Jindals administration stood in the way of a state income tax cut for a time and is now taking credit for the cut which will happen the middle of next year at the earliest, mean while the state legislature is likely to ram through a 300% raise without objection at any time in the next 3 weeks.

Jindal is far from perfect just better than Blanco, the unfortunate thing is though if asked you do not turn down a V.P. slot.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Aklover View Post
    Jindals administration stood in the way of a state income tax cut for a time and is now taking credit for the cut which will happen the middle of next year at the earliest, mean while the state legislature is likely to ram through a 300% raise without objection at any time in the next 3 weeks.

Jindal is far from perfect just better than Blanco, the unfortunate thing is though if asked you do not turn down a V.P. slot.
    I would assume that the state income tax cut would be for the entire year; the same as when the Stelly plan was passed into legislation several years ago.

What is this 300% raise, you speak of? From what I have read, the legislature has made more budget cuts than what Jindal had requested. Jidal and the legislators have not gone hog wild in spending the additional revenues from oil spiking upward. In the past, this was not the case.