Thread: REL: Evidence of global flood? Debate.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    We used to fish a lot in Lake Maracaibo which is brackish.
    So yellowfin tuna and trout were able to instantly adapt?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

What I don't understand is why some Christians torture themselves by trying to argue that the Great Flood story is supported by scientific evidence. If there was a global flood caused by a God, then the lack of scientific evidence of it should be of no concern to the faithful.
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    So yellowfin tuna and trout were able to instantly adapt?

Heck, we just caught big fish and ate them, I didn't ask to be introduced.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

What amazes me about the argument is that baby dinosaurs have been found, still in the remnants of their eggs, in the Gobi Dessert and not one humanís remains have been found from the time of The Great Flood. Whatís up with that?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

What amazes me about the argument is that baby dinosaurs have been found, still in the remnants of their eggs, in the Gobi Dessert and not one humanís remains have been found from the time of The Great Flood. Whatís up with that?
    Dinosaur eggs have been found in many places, as well as the remains of baby dinosaurs and, true, not a single human remains from that time, the late Cretaceous Era I believe. That could be because humans weren't around then. I'm not really up on Genesis, and I'm too lazy to get my Bible and look, but I think God created the animals and other creatures before he created Humans. Thus, no humans would be found during the time the dinosaurs ruled the earth.

In fact, in one particular instance, there might be evidence of humans during the time of the dinosaur. I've hunted high and low and can't find the reference now.........But, somewhere, once upon a time, I found an interesting discovery where dinosaur footprints were found in fossilized mud. Several human footprints were found in that same mud, thus leading to the hypothesis that the human was following the dinosaur, or the dinosaur was hunting the human. I can't remember anything more than that. I'm not even sure it was on a legitimate archaeological site or one of the weirdo sites.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. One of the cheesiest carnival scams ever.

Quote Originally Posted by The Night Owl View Post
    What I don't understand is why some Christians torture themselves by trying to argue that the Great Flood story is supported by scientific evidence. If there was a global flood caused by a God, then the lack of scientific evidence of it should be of no concern to the faithful.
    Who is torturing themselves? Some of us find it simply an amusing diversion. A better question is yhy do macro evolutionists tortue themselves arguing with Christians trying to prove something some Christians (an other religions) will never believe anyways?

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

The hardest part of the argument for evolutionists is reiterating that things actually change.

Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas. One of the cheesiest carnival scams ever.
    That's the one. I'm sorry I remembered it.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

It is very interesting. Just like those that religiously explain the origin and meaning of lightning and thunder.
    But I don't mean to suggest that it doesn't prove the Christian religion...On the contrary, I believe that multiple cultures recounting a story of the great flood would also be evidence of the possibility of truth that it occurred. Thus that the Bible stories aren't simply inaccurate.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor