Thread: Corn on cob

1. #1 Corn on cob 
    Quick question on corn on the cob for GATOR.

I see you getting on P45's case for cooking things on a gas grill with you explaining how things are much better cooked in the oven. How do you cook corn on the cob in the oven to give it the nice chared flavor that you get from a hot grill? Do I put it on self clean or what?

Regards,
    Eagle

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Let a Midwesterner tell you that the proper way to cook corn on the cob is to put it in boiling water.

The grill or oven is fine on occasion.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

Quote Originally Posted by ralph wiggum View Post
    Let a Midwesterner tell you that the proper way to cook corn on the cob is to put it in boiling water.

The grill or oven is fine on occasion.
    Hey! I like boiled corn slathered with butter and nice and salted like the next guy! :D Hell, every year I boil about 500 ears at the wild game fest for the ELKS!

But cooking it on the grill in the husk gives it a different flavor. Its great for a change and its easy if you got the grill going antway!

Never did it in the oven yet.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Festivus Moderator ralph wiggum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patriot45 View Post
    But cooking it on the grill in the husk gives it a different flavor. Its great for a change and its easy if you got the grill going antway!
    No problems with that at all.

It is a different flavor and I've certainly made it on the grill on occasion.
    Voted hottest "chick" at CU - My hotness transcends gender

We got a steamer from a friend about two months ago and I think it makes the best corn yet!

Quote Originally Posted by Eagle View Post
    Quick question on corn on the cob for GATOR.

I see you getting on P45's case for cooking things on a gas grill with you explaining how things are much better cooked in the oven. How do you cook corn on the cob in the oven to give it the nice chared flavor that you get from a hot grill? Do I put it on self clean or what?

Regards,
    Eagle
    You can roast corn in a 350 F oven for about a half an hour. Why would you even want it charred? If I did, I'd brush a liquid smoke mixed with butter on the corn and then fold the husks back up when I put it in the oven.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    You can roast corn in a 350 F oven for about a half an hour. Why would you even want it charred? If I did, I'd brush a liquid smoke mixed with butter on the corn and then fold the husks back up when I put it in the oven.
    Not really chared but maybe a third of the kernals browned. Cooked enough so that you hear some of the kernals being cooked off(popping). Roll it in real salted butter and ad a little fresh ground black pepper and yum!!