Thread: Winning Again, Clinton Weighs Her Options

1. #1 Winning Again, Clinton Weighs Her Options 
    Winning Again, Clinton Weighs Her Options
    By ADAM NAGOURNEY
    The New York Times
    Published: June 2, 2008

WASHINGTON — Senator Hillary Rodham Clinton won another overwhelming victory over Senator Barack Obama on Sunday — this time in Puerto Rico — even as many Democrats, including some of her supporters, suggested it would be best if she dropped her threat to battle on past the end of the primary voting on Tuesday.

“There’s nobody taking Hillary’s side but Hillary people,” said Donald Fowler of South Carolina, a former national party chairman and one of Mrs. Clinton’s most prominent supporters, referring to her campaign’s suggestions that she might seek to challenge the way the party resolved the fight this weekend over seating the Michigan and Florida delegations. “It’s too bad. She deserves better than this.”

In a telephone interview Sunday from San Juan, P.R., Mrs. Clinton still raised the possibility that she would challenge the party’s decision on seating those delegates. “Well, we are going to look at that and make a determination at some point,” she said. “But I haven’t made any decision at this time.”

Heading toward what is shaping up as something less than a triumphant moment of victory as the voting draws to a close, Mr. Obama spent Sunday in South Dakota for a last-minute schedule of campaigning. He was in the state, which will vote along with Montana on Tuesday to complete the primary season, trying to thwart a last-minute effort by Mrs. Clinton to pull out a victory there and build her case that she would be the stronger candidate in the general election.

Never give up, never surrender.

:D

The Clintons feel no guilt about using the dirtiest tricks possible to win. Winning is everything and the ends will always justify the means. Granted that is pretty much typical of all libs but in their case they will take it to previously unknown extremes.

I guess what I am saying is that we are still sure to see some spectacular moves on the part of Team Clinton. I have no doubt that there will be some last minute rabbit pulled from some hat as a last ditch effort.

Does Obama have to common sense to watch his back every second? He should by now.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. -Robert Heinlein"