Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Thanks for straightening me out - just another ploy for sagging ratings. Got it.
    Here is another diddy for you. I paid less than $30 per month for private dental insurance. A cell phone to run your mouth off while hoofing it down the street or yakking in your car cost $40. Liberals like you do not understand choice, responsibility and budgeting. BTW, that phony $1,000 bill would have shrunk to under $150 with dental insurance. Same deal with auto insurance and renters insurance. You wreck your car or your apt. burns up and you do not have insurance, tough shit. Why am I supposed to pay for someone else stupidity?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeus View Post
    Perception is reality. Prophecies of economic doom & gloom left unchecked do become self fullfilling. The vast majority of the Market is Passive investors just along for the ride in hopes of collecting some of the largesse. When they are bombarded daily through the media that the economy is going to hell in a handbasket you think they are going to continue the ride in the hopes those supposedly in the know are looking out for them or you suppose they going to look for difference transportation ?
    You know, I can not help feeling sorry for the citizens that live in liberal states like CA. With Gov. like Davis & Arnuld, a Democ. legislature, Env. wackoos, loons like Pisslosi and Boxer and high taxes, it has to be depressing on a good day. With the media bombarding us with these horrific stories of the economy going into the toliet, health care the worst in the world, the sky is falling and all makes and manners of a looming depression, a body just wonders if it is worth just getting out of bed every morning. Everything is just so horrible. However, remember Clinton's battle cry, "its the economy stupid". Note, after the election everything was peaches and cream; the media made out like the Democraps had made it a rose garden overnight because all the doom and gloom evaporated. Does this sound familiar. Well, anyone with a brain can see that the media wants Obama to win and is foaming at the mouth and will do anything to ensure another Democratic Presidential victory.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 07-24-2008 at 08:58 PM.

I simply can't imagine how the human race has survived this long...just to be told, now, that dental insurance is a life-or-death necessity.

If someone came along and offered to do $1000 dental work for us for free, we'd jump on the bandwagon, too. However, as that isn't likely to happen, we'll do what we always do...go to the dentist and make payments on the bill if someone has a cavity. Just like my parents always did, just like their parents did... Oh, the HUMANITY!!!!!!!!11!1!1!11111one :(

The biggest problem with our economy is the media...if Obama becomes president, these exact same conditions will cause the media to write rave reviews of how wonderful our economy is despite intense pressure from the evil free market.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obamaís $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. Itís no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obamaís own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Guess I got swept away with the happy faces on the kids that finally got their teeth fixed. Forgive me. Guess this exemplifies the reasons one should shun any kind of charity - giving or receiving.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

5. #25 * remember - itís only in our minds. 
    Value and Bargain Shopping Disappears in Weak Economy

By LISA FLETCHER / July 24, 2008ó

There may be nowhere left to hide from rising prices. In today's tough economy, food and commodity prices, which have long been directly affecting consumers, have begun to take a toll on big discount chains.

"Big-box" stores like Costco have tried to resist passing on their cost increases to consumers, but they cannot provide discounts as they did before. Costco has announced that it will have to raise its prices, on some items by as much as 15 percent.

"It's tough because we're already on a budget," said Nikky Hughes, a mother of two who shops at Costco. "I don't want it to go up. It makes budgeting harder."

Jim Sinegal, president and CEO of Costco, said that Costco's current price increase is unprecedented for the company.

"This is the first time in our history since my partner and I started the business 25 years ago that we've had this type of situation where we've had inflation," Sinegal said. "It's difficult, but we will have to deal with it."

Increasing prices place a burden on Costco shoppers, who come to Costco specifically searching for the best value.

At Costco, the cost of diapers is up by 7 percent, and the price of poultry has increased by more than 10 percent this year. Holiday items will cost about 12 percent more than last year.

And it's not just Costco that's responded to tough economic times by raising prices. With months of skyrocketing prices in the stores, bulk discounters everywhere have done the same.

http://www.abcnews.go.com/WN/story?id=5445433&page=1
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    Guess this exemplifies the reasons one should shun any kind of charity - giving or receiving.
    ..oh I don't know, you receive charity every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    ..oh I don't know, you receive charity every day.
    How so?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Value and Bargain Shopping Disappears in Weak Economy

At Costco, the cost of diapers is up by 7 percent,l]
    The cost of " DISPOSABLE" diapers is up by 7%. Hey lady, you ever heard of buying the real thing and WASHING those suckers. It's called adaptation. The horrors of having to wash shitty diapers.