Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Michelle Obama: Let Them Buy Earrings! 
    Michelle Obama's $600 Earrings

by Amanda Carpenter

Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle, complained the government’s $600 economic stimulus check was only enough to buy “a pair of earrings” while stumping for her husband.

“You're getting $600 - what can you do with that?” Mrs. Obama said in Pontiac, Michigan last week. “Not to be ungrateful or anything, but maybe it pays down a bill, but it doesn't pay down every bill every month. The short-term quick fix kinda stuff sounds good, and it may even feel good that first month when you get that check, and then you go out and you buy a pair of earrings."

She made these remarks at a “working women’s roundtable discussion.”
    You just couldn't make this stuff up if you tried.

Townhall

My God. Granted, I'm not a big jewelry person (I'm too irresponsible with jewelry and tend to lose one of every set of earrings I own, if not both), but I have less than a handful of earrings that cost that much.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Holy unbelievable ridiculousness!
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Power CUer
    Okay, so it sounded about right to me, but people who got all $600 probably were at an income level where they needed it to pay bills.

I owed, so I dint gets no chex Ma Bama.Elitist twit still isn't proud to live in a country that makes $600 earrings.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I owed, so I dint gets no chex Ma Bama.Elitist twit still isn't proud to live in a country that makes $600 earrings.
    me too. My Mom was talking about her check being in the bank and I said "You're supposed to spend it!" but she hasn't decided what to buy yet....
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Power CUer
    If she wants it in the bank, it should stay in the bank. This country got into the mess it's in by drunken-sailor spending, and all the administration could think of to do was to encourage more of it. :mad:

That being said, I'm surprised that people here think $600 is a lot for earrings. Have you seen what gold costs per ounce these days?

If I don't have the money for it, I generally don't look at it. And I never have the money for it.

Goldwater
    I look fabulous in earrings.

$600 is downtown Bling. Uptown Bling goin' to run a a lil more.
    The 21st century. The age of Smart phones and Stupid people.

It is said that branches draw their life from the vine. Each is separate yet all are one as they share one life giving stem . The Bible tells us we are called to a similar union in life, our lives with the life of God. We are incorporated into him; made sharers in his life. Apart from this union we can do nothing.