Thread: "What In Hell Are They Planing The Roman Games Gladiator's Contest ?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "What In Hell Are They Planing The Roman Games Gladiator's Contest ?" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Denver police propose law to take pipes, chains out of protesters' hands

Like weighted pipes and chains and items that can make urine and feces bombs.

Suit filed to ensure protesters have say at DNCA draft law proposed by the Denver Police Department would ban the possession by protesters of materials such as weighted pipes and chains and items that can make urine and feces bombs.

Police say that such materials are potentially dangerous. The City Council Safety Committee will review the proposal July 23.

An earlier version also would have made it unlawful to possess bulletproof vests and gas masks.

Safety Manager Al LaCabe, who oversees the police department, said the proposed ordinance requires authorities, before they make an arrest, to find an intent to use the material to obstruct the public's right to move freely.

"We certainly don't want to interfere with anyone's First Amendment rights and the right to be heard," LaCabe said. "But it has to be done in such a way that it does not obstruct or endanger the general public or the police department."

Denver Councilman Doug Linkhart, who chairs the safety committee, objected to the original proposal that banned gas masks and bulletproof vests. He said many of his concerns have been eased.

Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper said in a statement that he supported the proposal: "Our manager of safety, police chief and police officers have requested this ordinance to help them protect public safety."

The proposed ordinance would ban material, such as weighted pipe and chains, to fashion what are known as "sleeping dragons." Protesters have chained themselves to such devices at other protests to make it difficult for police to arrest and remove them.

http://www.denverpost.com/news/ci_9882885

Comments:

The Dems are so splintered between the Obamanites and the Clintonistas, it should be diffcult to determine who the demonstrators are.EVERYBODY attending the DNC’s conferring of sainthood on Obama will be protesting something!!!
    Isn’t throwing feces on someone outlawed already?

I mean, considering the propensity of people to have stuff like e.coli, that could be assault with a bioweapon.

How about a bumper sticker: My gun has killed less people than a Democrat’s feces?
    How about filling their chain lock keyholes with epoxy, and letting them go when ski season starts?
    "Protesters are getting pretty sophisticated,"

Especially the throwing feces part.
    Nothing says “sophisticated” like a bucket of s**t.

Like apes in a zoo.
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-15-2008 at 02:48 PM.

They should just let them go at it. It'd be a hell of a show.

re-create 68, re-create 68, re-create 68. I wasn't around to see it. Lets let'em go at it and carry it live on all cable outlets so the whole world will be watching.

noonwitch
    I don't know about the urine and feces bomb part, other than it's a disgusting possibility for the Denver police to consider, but there is no reason to carry weighted pipes and chains to a peaceful protest. Possession of those items outside of the convention should be grounds for police confiscation of those items at the least.

Why would there be protestors? Didn't the radicals get the guy they wanted (well, their second choice after Kucinich, that is)? Hillary's people are not the radical, antiwar, feces-throwing crowd. We're middle-aged pragmatists who would lose our jobs if we got arrested.

This is going to be the best TV since the moon landing.:D
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    This is going to be the best TV since the moon landing.:D
    I agree, but the MSMOONBAT channel and the Communist News Network will somehow make it BusHitler's fault.

Would it not be more effective to issue the police armor peircing bullets than try to confiscate or arrest persons with lead pipes, shit bombs and chains?

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Would it not be more effective to issue the police armor peircing bullets than try to confiscate or arrest persons with lead pipes, shit bombs and chains?
    Why not just hang them up on the chain fences,chain then hose em down with a Water Cannon ?
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-15-2008 at 10:07 PM.

I am old enough. I had just come to live in the USA and I became a Republican -

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Why not just hang them up on the chain fences,chain them there then hose em down with a Water Cannon ?
    Cause you may have to make physical contact with them.