1. #1 I have a confession to make......I'm a Democrat. 
    I just voted in the primary. I voted Democrat. Of course there was no races in the Republican primary. All of our Sheriff's candidates ran Dem. When you live in a town that is 80% black, that's what happens. I can't wait to get off work and wash the stink off of me.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

AH yes, the lovely one party system.

BSR
    you're dead to me now.... :mad:

So does that mean you would vote for Col. Sanders, if you were a chickin that is:)

Quote Originally Posted by Bongo55 View Post
    So does that mean you would vote for Col. Sanders, if you were a chickin that is:)
    Luckily, I personally know most of the candidates in the local elections (nearly all of them vote republican), and didn't cast a vote in the state primaries. I still feel so sleazy now. I have sudden urge to apply for welfare.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

DU is worried about turnout

MGKrebs (1000+ posts) Journal Tue Jul-15-08 05:21 PM
    Original message
    Turnout reported to be extremely light in Georgia primary today.

What does that mean? There has been so much activity and attention surrounding the Obama campaign, but is it not affecting the other races? Are all these new voters only interested in the presidential level?

Everybody says they have been registering voters like crazy. Where are they? Why aren't they showing up? We're picking a Senate candidate to run against Saxby Chambliss, as well as an important Public Service Commissioner, and our entire legislature.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

I still love you Reb and that is all that matters.

My Congressman is a Democrat, and I will be voting for his re-election this November. He won my vote when he sponsored a bill to secure our borders. He took a lot of heat from local lefties!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I just voted in the primary. I voted Democrat. Of course there was no races in the Republican primary. All of our Sheriff's candidates ran Dem. When you live in a town that is 80% black, that's what happens. I can't wait to get off work and wash the stink off of me.
    The town I live in has a plurality of blacks. The Mayor's race is coming up and I will be voting for my first black Democratic politician in 50 years. Never voted for a Dummiecrat, gag, much less a black one. When he got on the TV and announced that the Katrina thugs were not going to take over the city, he earned my vote. We had city, sheriff and state police patrolling downtown with shotguns. If the Mayor had been white and made that statement, Jessie and Al would have been marching here. As it was, only a few black leaders were upset. We had no problems even though our population doubled overnight.

noonwitch
    Detroit is a one-party town, but Warren, where I live now, is pretty bi-partisan. I'm not even sure what party the current mayor (Fouts) is-the old one (Steenburg) was a republican. If I'm not sure, he's probably a democrat. He hated the old mayor with a passion.

There was a republican running in the Detroit mayoral primaries one year-the radical alternative leftist paper (The Metro Times) endorsed him, because he was the only candidate talking about poverty in Detroit. His name was Bill Brooks, and he was a former GM exec (from when they were doing well). I think that was in 2001, just after I moved out of the city. I would have probably voted for him in the primary, though, over Kwame and Gill Hill.

We are all hoping that either the Governor kicks the mayor and the city council out of office and calls for new elections, or the feds indict most of them and gives the Governor even better reasons to get rid of them. Dave Bing is talking about running for mayor-he's a guy who converted his NBA earnings into a successful steel production business. He's been in the public eye for a long time and nobody has anything bad to say about him.