1. #1 How would you grade Obama's health-care speech to Congress? 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    How would you grade Obama's health-care speech to Congress?

A (20.8%) 1295 votes
    B (4.6%) 288 votes
    C (6.7%) 423 votes
    D (17.3%) 1049 votes
    F (50.6%) 3225 votes

5943 votes
    Video here:
    http://www.freedomslighthouse.com/20...speech-to.html

http://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2009/0...h-to-congress/

Do you support Obama's health care plan?

Another: Do you think Congress will pass health care legislation this year?
    Poll Results
    What did you think of Obama's speech?
    Thumbs down 58% 24,516
    Thumbs up 42% 18,090
    Poll Results
    Did Obama's speech change how you view the issue?
    No 80% 30,138
    Yes 20% 7,392.
    Poll Results
    Do you support Obama's health care plan?
    No 59% 15,311
    Yes 33% 8,566
    I don't know what it entails
    8% 2,107
    Poll Results
    Do you think Congress will pass health care legislation this year?
    No 63% 15,501
    Yes 37% 8,963

Comments:
    I love this debate. There is nowhere to hide when you say all people in America (Note not just all citizens but everyone who happens to be physically here) have a right to free health care, or as they said at Kennedy's funeral "A God given right to free health care."

Apparently some people believe there is a right to a car, a student loan, a low interest mortgage, and even a good job and free health care. If you believe any of this you don't understand America or how our constitution was formed, and you want security over freedom.

Our country cannot survive if the majority of voters fall for this line of thought. Thank God most people who voted for Obama don't seem to be going for this nonsense ether.

http://news.aol.com/article/obama-he...peech%2F660327

3. #3 Gay' man sues Bible publisher for 'mental anguish' 
    "Wilbur is that you ?"

$10 million sought for 'negative connotation' toward homosexuals A homosexual man is suing a third national Bible publisher for "mental anguish" after he says the company published Bibles with a negative connotation toward homosexuals.

Bradley LaShawn Fowler of Canton, Mich., alleges William Tyndale Publishing manipulated Scripture when it published Tyndale’s New Living Translation Holy Bible and the New Life Application Study Bible by using the term "homosexuals" in a New Testament passage, 1 Corinthians 6:9.

"One Bible dictates homosexuals will not inherit the Kingdom of God, while the other is completely void on the issue altogether," Fowler wrote in a...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=109356

My reaction? Free Ponies for all!!!

He gets a B+ for delivery. He is the Orator-In-Chief afterall. Slight downgrade for reading the teleprompter and his timing was off allowing for a guffaw on the "details" moment.

He gets a D- for failing to accomplish his stated goal. He did not "clarify" his position at all. He merely restated it using different words. He also lied on several points during the speech, beginning with "these are the facts and no one disputes them."

He also said he would listen to anyone. Apparently this begins today because he hasn't listened to any Republicans since April and he isn't listening now to the majority of Americans that want him to keep his Commie hands off our health care..
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

F- Obama drove deeper the partisanship he is trying to avoid. He undermined America. His speech was akin to a father telling his kids to "get along". His speech was void of details of the bill.....need I go on?!!!
    Some people spend a lifetime wondering if they have made a difference - Marines don't have that problem. -- Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ironjohn929 View Post
    F- Obama drove deeper the partisanship he is trying to avoid. He undermined America. His speech was akin to a father telling his kids to "get along". His speech was void of details of the bill.....need I go on?!!!
    He looked and sounded petulant, stubborn and angry.
    F- is too high.

rm -rf obama*

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    He looked and sounded petulant, stubborn and angry.
    F- is too high.
    I second that.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    My reaction? Free Ponies for all!!!

He gets a B+ for delivery. He is the teleprompter-In-Chief afterall. Slight downgrade for reading the teleprompter and his timing was off allowing for a guffaw on the "details" moment.

He gets a D- for failing to accomplish his stated goal. He did not "clarify" his position at all. He merely restated it using different words. He also lied on several points during the speech, beginning with "these are the facts and no one disputes them."

He also said he would listen to anyone. Apparently this begins today because he hasn't listened to any Republicans since April and he isn't listening now to the majority of Americans that want him to keep his Commie hands off our health care..
    Fix, agreed with what else you said.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Why would I watch the speech? All I would hear is the same nebulous shit he has been spouting for 9 months.