Thread: "Obama Loves Them Mc Cain Opposes Them,Who Would Have Guessed ? "

1. #1 "Obama Loves Them Mc Cain Opposes Them,Who Would Have Guessed ? " 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    McCain assailed for opposing adoptions by gays

"Obama Loves Them Mc Cain Opposes Them,Who Would Have Guessed ? "
    NEW YORK - Advocates for gay and lesbian parents are denouncing Sen. John McCain, an adoptive father himself, for opposing adoptions by gays, which prompted his presidential campaign to clarify Tuesday that he does not seek a federal ban on the practice.

Only one state, Florida, outlaws adoptions by gays, which have become commonplace in much of the nation.

The Republican nominee-in-waiting was asked for his views on the subject in an interview published Sunday in The New York Times.

"I think that we've proven that both parents are important in the success of a family so, no, I don't believe in gay adoption," McCain replied.

McCain then remarked that he and his wife, Cindy, were proud to be adoptive parents of a daughter born in Bangladesh, and he encouraged others to adopt. Asked if those adopting should be a "traditional couple," McCain answered, "Yes."

The responses were condemned by gay and lesbian groups.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080715/..._gay_adoptions

Wish someone would ask him if Bridget would be better off dead in Bangladesh or adopted by a gay couple who would take care of her extensive medical needs?

A clarification:

Yesterday, as criticism of McCain's comments spread, his campaign said that the Arizona senator "could have been clearer in the interview in stating that his position on gay adoption is that it is a state issue. . . . He was not endorsing any federal legislation."

"Senator McCain's expressed his personal preference for children to be raised by a mother and a father wherever possible," the statement added. "However, as an adoptive father himself, McCain believes children deserve loving and caring home environments, and he recognizes that there are many abandoned children who have yet to find homes. John McCain believes that in those situations that caring parental figures are better for the child than the alternative."
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Wish someone would ask him if Bridget would be better off dead in Bangladesh or adopted by a gay couple who would take care of her extensive medical needs?
    If we ever get to a situation where the only adoptive parents for handicapped children are gay adoptive parents then that would be a great question to ask but we aren't there. Children don't languish in foster care because no "traditional" adoptive parents want them, they languish there because of ludicrous family reunification laws.

The problem isn't too few adoptive parents, it's too few adoptable children. This is why people adopt foreign children. There aren't enough home grown kids to satisfy demand.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    If we ever get to a situation where the only adoptive parents for handicapped children are gay adoptive parents then that would be a great question to ask but we aren't there. Children don't languish in foster care because no "traditional" adoptive parents want them, they languish there because of ludicrous family reunification laws.

The problem isn't too few adoptive parents, it's too few adoptable children. This is why people adopt foreign children. There aren't enough home grown kids to satisfy demand.
    They also languish in foster care because the system rewards it's players with funding based solely upon head count. Therefore, the longer that they remain in the system, the longer a funding stream for that child exists. Local offices are sometimes reluctant to terminate parental rights (TPR) or return them to their real parents until they have more children to replace those. If their head count decreases, so does their funding.

WHO ARE THE CHILDREN WHO ARE AVAILABLE FOR ADOPTION?
    More than 120,000 children wait for permanent homes in the United States. Most are school-aged or older. There are brothers and sisters who need to stay together. More than 60% of the children come from minority cultures. The majority are boys. Many have emotional, physical, learning disabilities or mental retardation. All are waiting for the love and security that only a permanent family can offer.
    http://www.childrenawaitingparents.o...FQLBsgodvCztTQ

I checked the Department of Social Services. There are 135 children awaiting adoption in my area.

Yes, I would prefer that these kids go to a "regular" home. But those families want tiny little babies and will spend, travel, and go outside the law to get them.

Most of these available kids are bi-racial, special needs, or older and I want them to have a loving home. My Dad was straight, my parents were married but he was an alcoholic and a jerk

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    http://www.childrenawaitingparents.o...FQLBsgodvCztTQ

I checked the Department of Social Services. There are 135 children awaiting adoption in my area.

Yes, I would prefer that these kids go to a "regular" home. But those families want tiny little babies and will spend, travel, and go outside the law to get them.

Most of these available kids are bi-racial, special needs, or older and I want them to have a loving home. My Dad was straight, my parents were married but he was an alcoholic and a jerk
    I've known several people that adopted foreign children. They did so because, they feared losing children to the biologcal parents. What do you mean by "going outside the law"? CP$ commonly goes outside of the law to obtain those special needs children. They have even created some. They bring in more funding to the local office.

I'm talking about buying children. It happens all the time. Forty years ago, my aunt and uncle paid $10,000 for a baby. The woman had a new one every year or so.

I have a family member who went into a hospital with a young woman she knew. One had an "appendectomy", the other had a baby. The family member with the imaginary appendicitis ended up with the baby. Little records changing. It all depends on who you know.

Your CPS obsession clouds every thing you post.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.