Thread: Why educated people are always Liberals?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Why educated people are always Liberals? 
    LOL, I don't really know why I torture myself this way. Sometimes I think going to DU.org is just as bad if not worse than catching my wife cheating on me.

So I have my firefox browser set to open about 8 or 9 websites at one time every time I run it. Mostly news, tech and blogs. I, not sure why, have du.org as one of the site and I go there just about every day to see how Arkhum Asylum, aka du.org, is treating the nuts there.

Today I saw what I though was the worse told/made up story I have ever read. A blogger there claims her brother is a Republican who does not want to pay for other peoples healthcare. One day he went to a friends house to pay respects to his wife who died of cancer and at his friends house there were many educated people who, apparently, were all Liberals and he asked his sister "why educated people are always Liberals?". I almost fell off my chair laughing after I saw that. She responded with the usual Liberal over-confidence "doesn't that tell you something?

She went on to describe what she thinks about Republicans:
    So let me stereotype the republican party for you. They are business owners or poverty stricken who are ignorant, uneducated, tax dodgers, racists, hypocrites, and greedy. They listen to talk radio and watch FOX news. They claim to be christian, but endorse death through warfare, lack of medical insurance, or by killing abortion advocates. They aren't the middle class anymore, they are the very poor or the very rich. They don't care about their fellow Americans anymore nor do they want them to become informed and educated. I never thought I would say this, but as a veteran, I don't know how I could honestly serve my country and put my life on the line for people like this. People united are what defines a country. The republicans are systematically unraveling our nation by treating people as a commodity, not human beings.

Educated? She must not be a Liberal then. That sounds like words coming out of an idiots mouth. But that's just my opinion.

Link

Seems a lot of DUers are into stereotypes as long is it is of Republicans and not Democrats, Blacks or Muslims.

their fellow Americans anymore nor do they want them to become informed and educated. I never thought I would say this, but as a veteran, I don't know how I could honestly serve my country and put my life on the line for people like this. People united are what defines a country. The republicans are systematically unraveling our nation by treating people as a commodity, not human beings.

Refresh | +140 Recommendations
    It also seems like they have to constantly reassure themselves that they are intellegent and superior to everyone else. Like they are insecure or something.

Your basic Moonbat does not understand people at all.

But instead of doing their homework on the motives, beliefs, or actions of people with different views , they instead create sterotypes which they embrace with a death grip.

This does two thing things.

One , makes them feel that they better then other people, and two puts tham at a disadvantage because they can't predict how others are going to react.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you will always have victory - Sun Tzu.

They don't know it, but we're the ones with the advantage :D
    CU's Paranormal Expert.

Keep your powder dry, your sword sharp and your wits intact.

As usual, with no facts to assist, the DUmpMonkeys just make things up. Republicans, especially the conservative Christian ones, just happen to donate more to charity than any other group. They are smart enough medically and scientifically to recognise the essential humanity of unborn children. They live in reality instead of an Ivory Tower or LaLa Land. Most are middle class...the very poor almost all vote Dim because they really think they'll get something for it (hence the unhappiness with the lack of Obama's free ponies). The very uneducated watch ONLY TV news, and therefore know nothing beyond the slanted stories the MSM choose to air...and also tend to vote Dim. (Just like the reporters)

Republicans are MOSTLY the salt of the earth, the people who keep the country running by working, owning businesses, producing food,serving in the military, and making a solid contribution to the nation. If all the Republicans were to strike for even a couple days, the country would fall apart. If all the liberals did, we'd lose some TV news, most schools and colleges would close for a few days, and the illegal drug trade would be affected. Most of the country wouldn't even know the difference.
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol View Post
    It also seems like they have to constantly reassure themselves that they are intellegent and superior to everyone else. Like they are insecure or something.
    Bingo. This is an ongoing meme on the left. We're smart! We listen to NPR!

Really smart people don't have a constant need to beat the smartness drum at every opportunity. I think insecurity is part of this. Lefties are usually very emotional; they're reactive and are quick to respond with feelings, intuitions, or hunches. This is fine if you limit this kind of response to narrow situations but if you do it a lot, you're going to be wrong a lot. If you're wrong a lot, you will probably become insecure about your critical thinking skills (or lack of skills). Simply repeating the smartness meme will make you feel better.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Bingo. This is an ongoing meme on the left. We're smart! We listen to NPR!

Really smart people don't have a constant need to beat the smartness drum at every opportunity. I think insecurity is part of this. Lefties are usually very emotional; they're reactive and are quick to respond with feelings, intuitions, or hunches. This is fine if you limit this kind of response to narrow situations but if you do it a lot, you're going to be wrong a lot. If you're wrong a lot, you will probably become insecure about your critical thinking skills (or lack of skills). Simply repeating the smartness meme will make you feel better.
    Sounds like a good description of a bunch of preteens just going into puberty!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSmith View Post
    As usual, with no facts to assist, the DUmpMonkeys just make things up. *snip*
    Republicans are MOSTLY the salt of the earth, the people who keep the country running by working, owning businesses, producing food,serving in the military, and making a solid contribution to the nation. If all the Republicans were to strike for even a couple days, the country would fall apart. If all the liberals did, we'd lose some TV news, most schools and colleges would close for a few days, and the illegal drug trade would be affected. Most of the country wouldn't even know the difference.
    Something like John Galt? I wish.;)
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Perhaps they should watch this video first: How Obama Got elected.
    "Inequality is a false notion propagated by those who are made to feel guilty for what they have by those who are jealous for what they don't"-Former MTV Host Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Perhaps they should watch this video first: How Obama Got elected.

You're cruel.. :)
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

If the measure of "educated" liberals is how many degrees they accumulate, the premise may be true. If their accumulated degrees equal the demonstrated stupidity of their actions, what difference does it make? We have suit & tiedye right here as an "educated" liberal. He and his demonstrated stupidity entertain us for days.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand