Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Oil Prices drop at mere suggestion we will drill offshore 
    Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    The President announced that he was lifting the executive ban on offshore drilling and even though the congress still must do the same, it STILL was enough to send oil prices down dramatically. I can see nothing else that happened that would have dropped it.

Think about what would happen if the congress also lifted the offshore ban and if they reversed their recent vote to disallow the drilling for the 2 TRILLION (a couple of HUNDRED YEARS worth) barrels in the rockies.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    The President announced that he was lifting the executive ban on offshore drilling and even though the congress still must do the same, it STILL was enough to send oil prices down dramatically. I can see nothing else that happened that would have dropped it.

Think about what would happen if the congress also lifted the offshore ban and if they reversed their recent vote to disallow the drilling for the 2 TRILLION (a couple of HUNDRED YEARS worth) barrels in the rockies.
    But the libs will want it voted down on principle. The principle being that they'll lose and election if gas prices come down and they'd rather tank the economy that lose to a conservative.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

"Drilling" in the Rockies?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Oil shale. Geez, man. Try reading some sources other than your usual "big oil"-hating left-wing crapola rags.
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Yep. To go after the oil shale it is no longer necessary to strip mine.

Even with strip mining, the enviromentalists can do a greyt job reclaiming the land. There are some in this area that are beautiful parks now.

It's sad when a political party will do absolutely anything to win, no matter how much suffering they bring to the people of our country.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Oil shale. Geez, man. Try reading some sources other than your usual "big oil"-hating left-wing crapola rags.
    Do either of you have any concept of the energy that's required to extract that oil from the ground?
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Do either of you have any concept of the energy that's required to extract that oil from the ground?
    Yeah, the same argument was made when people first started drilling for black gold. Breakthroughs happen. Technology advances. Unless, of course, some group of "big oil" bogyman-hating dumbasses put their personal gain above the wants and needs of the populace. Hrm... Now what group do we know that's doing that right now? I just can't imagine...
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Yeah, the same argument was made when people first started drilling for black gold. Breakthroughs happen. Technology advances. Unless, of course, some group of "big oil" bogyman-hating dumbasses put their personal gain above the wants and needs of the populace. Hrm... Now what group do we know that's doing that right now? I just can't imagine...
    I donít think you realise those "break-throughs" needed to happen a decade or so ago to be on line and producing today. Like opening up all of Alaska to unlimited oil exploration, drilling and production: Where do you think the oil companies that do the work are going to sell their hard-won crude? Just in the United States - or on the world market? If you owned the company - would you sell to the highest bidder, or wrap yourself in the flag and give it away domestically. BTW, all of the prospective oil in Alaska will only make a minor blip - for a time - on the world market.

I donít think you realise those "break-throughs" needed to happen a decade or so ago to be on line and producing today. Like opening up all of Alaska to unlimited oil exploration, drilling and production: Where do you think the oil companies that do the work are going to sell their hard-won crude? Just in the United States - or on the world market? If you owned the company - would you sell to the highest bidder, or wrap yourself in the flag and give it away domestically. BTW, all of the prospective oil in Alaska will only make a minor blip - for a time - on the world market.
    The eternal argument of the libs, the minor blip anthem. Better a minor blip than no blip.

The other argument is that it would take 5-10 years for a major difference. Just think if Jimmy Carter had started drilling way back then instead of telling us to put on a sweater and sit in the cold. Sometimes folks need to look at that big picture.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"