Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    The eternal argument of the libs, the minor blip anthem. Better a minor blip than no blip.
    Please pay attention in the next few weeks when Mr. T. Boone Pickens presents the oil production reality. Many myths will be blown into the weeds.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Here's a neat little stat. In 10 years if the Chicoms continue at their current pace of development they will consume all available oil on the market today. So let's do nothing LP. And here's a shout out to the NIMBY crowd: if we don't crank up the American machine and do it all NOW, start learning chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    So let's do nothing LP.
    No - lets do something. In fact, lets do many things. Like hanging on to our reserves and increasing nuclear power from 1-in-5 kilowatts to say, 1-in-3. Now. The oil consumption party is coming to a crescendo and when the music stops we’re going to be without a chair to set on - and be forced to go to war over the stuff, just like the Japanese, nearly 70 years ago. This problem requires a rheostat answer - not an on/off switch approach: The latter being a simple minded perspective - as yours reflects.
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Bite me LP, is my simple response, however, I say do it all and do it yesterday. Coal to oil is good enough for the Military, should be good for all of us . Nuclear everywhere. Drill everywhere. Hydro, Wind. I just don't buy into this whole it'll take decades. We are the most innovative country on the planet, get the political hacks and the special interest fools outta the way.

By exploiting our abilities and resources I'm pretty sure we could make a dent in this whole recession thing, whadya think.

Bite me LP, is my simple response, however, I say do it all and do it yesterday. Coal to oil is good enough for the Military, should be good for all of us . Nuclear everywhere. Drill everywhere. Hydro, Wind. I just don't buy into this whole it'll take decades. We are the most innovative country on the planet, get the political hacks and the special interest fools outta the way.
    Reference the following thread for my position on Asian consumption:

Why are we paying so much for gas???

Then maybe you'll be able to buy a clue. None of your crowing will become important until this winter.;)

I think the price of oil is much more complicated than the "drill now" crowd. It's important to do it, but it will not bring gas back to 2 a gallon.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by LogansPapa View Post
    Reference the following thread for my position on Asian consumption:

Why are we paying so much for gas???

Then maybe you'll be able to buy a clue. None of your crowing will become important until this winter.;)
    I live in Florida, but maybe when the the great Northern libs start freezing, they'll realize that the obstructionist platforms their political saviors have been "crowing" for the last 3 decades will be more clear. Of course when The Good Lord Hussein Obama becomes President he'll fix everything.

I live in Florida, but maybe when the the great Northern libs start freezing, they'll realize that the obstructionist platforms their political saviors have been "crowing" for the last 3 decades will be more clear. Of course when The Good Lord Hussein Obama becomes President he'll fix everything.
    agreed...
    It's difficult to convince libs, and some big government conservatives (is that an oxymoron?) that regulations obstruct real progress. The way I see it you have several issues

1. Devaluing the currency and general inflation by an unregulated federal reserve
    2. Regulations that create monopoly and lack of competition
    3. Real R&D into alternative fuels coupled with little infrastructure to drill and refine our own fuel
    4. unreasonable taxation on fuel.

few I'm aware of in the current congress are really interested in fixing any of this.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound - Unknown

The problem is Empty People, Not Loaded Guns - Linda Schrock Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by Molon Labe View Post
    4. unreasonable taxation on fuel.
    Like this?

Foreign ethanol is subject to a 54-cents-per-gallon tariff and a 2.5 percent duty. This discourages imports, such as potentially cheaper sugar cane-based ethanol from Brazil and other countries, that could undercut domestic producers.

http://209.85.141.104/search?q=cache...lnk&cd=1&gl=us