Thread: How long before we quit Afghanistan?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 How long before we quit Afghanistan? 
    My guess is 180 days tops. Afghanistan is a much more difficult war than Iraq and the Dims had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards a successful conclusion in Iraq. I can hear it now, "We need the money for universal heath care, not fighting the Taliban". There ain't no way they're gonna let that war play out. And with the CIA's morale decimated, God help us.
    Better to die on your feet than live on your knees.

If our troops are pulled from Afghanistan prematurely we will be fighting that war over here soon after.

God bless the 2nd Amendment!
    "I know bourbon gets better with age, because the older I get, the more I like it."
    Booker Noe (1929-2004) master distiller and grandson of Jim Beam

"Death is better, a milder fate than tyranny."
    Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC), Agamemnon

I'm not so sure. I can see them instituting the draft before I see them pulling out . . . .
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by AlmostThere View Post
    My guess is 180 days tops. Afghanistan is a much more difficult war than Iraq and the Dims had to be dragged kicking and screaming towards a successful conclusion in Iraq. I can hear it now, "We need the money for universal heath care, not fighting the Taliban". There ain't no way they're gonna let that war play out. And with the CIA's morale decimated, God help us.
    What CIA?
    Everybody I know who works there wants out.

If the defense contractors were hiring (and they're not), it would be a mass exodus.

rm -rf obama*

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I'm not so sure. I can see them instituting the draft before I see them pulling out . . . .
    The only reason Rangel floated the idea of a draft for Iraq was to force Bush's hand. They hold all the cards now. They can just declare defeat and leave. Do you believe they are concerned with what Middle America wants or thinks? They don't need to manipulate Americans into turning against the war because they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.

The only reason Rangel floated the idea of a draft for Iraq was to force Bush's hand. They hold all the cards now. They can just declare defeat and leave. Do you believe they are concerned with what Middle America wants or thinks? They don't need to manipulate Americans into turning against the war because they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.
    They held all the cards in the 1960s during the Vietnam war as well and instituted the draft then. They held all the cards in 1950 at the start of the Korean war - and instituted the draft. Same for WWII and WWI as well. IN FACT the only time the GOP instituted the draft was for the civil war.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    They held all the cards in the 1960s during the Vietnam war as well and instituted the draft then. They held all the cards in 1950 at the start of the Korean war - and instituted the draft. Same for WWII and WWI as well. IN FACT the only time the GOP instituted the draft was for the civil war.
    Besides the obvious, the 50's and 60's were a different time. Then there was at least the facade that the people were responsible for the government that governed them. Today that facade has been wiped away. Now government is responsible for the people it governs, or so they believe. With the government believing they are responsible for the people, that frees them to do whatever in the hell they want to do.

Besides the obvious, the 50's and 60's were a different time. Then there was at least the facade that the people were responsible for the government that governed them. Today that facade has been wiped away. Now government is responsible for the people it governs, or so they believe. With the government believing they are responsible for the people, that frees them to do whatever in the hell they want to do.
    right - which means they have even less of a reason not to institute a draft today than they did then.

Suit&Tie
    they don't give a damn as to what Middle America wants.
    Thank. Fucking. God.

Quote Originally Posted by Suit&Tie View Post
    Thank. Fucking. God.
    Are you always such a bucketbiff or do you only act like one on special occasions?