Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. 
    Mohammed is now the third most popular boy's name in England. So why this shabby effort to conceal it?

By Max Hastings
    Last updated at 4:02 AM on 11th September 2009

Comments (212) Add to My Stories This week, the Office of National Statistics published a list of the most popular boys' names in Britain: Jack, Oliver, Thomas, Harry, Joshua, Alfie, Charlie, Daniel.

They reflect a cultural tradition as old as the nation's history, and would provoke approving nods from Jack the Ripper, Oliver Cromwell, Thomas Becket and Harry Hotspur.

There is just one small problem: the list is deceitful. In reality, the third most popular choice for boy children born last year in England and Wales was not Thomas, but Mohammed.
    Deceitful: When both spellings of Mohammed are combined it is the third most popular boys' name in Britain
    The ONS explains blithely that it had no intent to deceive. Its normal practice is to catalogue different spellings separately, as in Mohammed, Muhammed and so on.

But if you add these variants together, as surely seems logical, then Mohammed is right up there, near the top of the list.

Unfortunately, in recent times we have been given plentiful cause for paranoia about attempts by official bodies to conceal from us information about the changing face of Britain which our rulers know that many people will not like.

Immigration figures are routinely distorted. In a rare moment of honesty, a Labour Home Secretary conceded that he had no idea just how many migrants dwell in this country, because of the huge and unquantified pool of illegals.

Many EU nations decline to collate statistics about the religious affiliations of their populations, to avoid rousing sentiment against Muslims.

The ONS's hit parade of children's names, as released for publication, seemed designed to mask a simple truth which dismays millions of people, and which politicians and bureaucracies go to great lengths to bury: the Muslim population of Britain is growing extraordinarily fast.

In 2007, 28 per cent of children born in England and Wales, rising to 54 per cent in London, had at least one foreign-born parent. In 2008, 14.4 per cent of primary school children claimed some other tongue than English as their first language.

The Muslim population is now close to two million, over 3 per cent, and rising fast because Muslim families have more children than most of the rest of us, many of them named Mohammed or Muhammed.

Muslim population has doubled in 30 years, and will double again on present projections by 2015. By 2060, Britain is expected to be the most populous nation in the EU, with 77 million people - this, though today Germany's population is 20 million larger than ours.
    Interesting.

Daily Mail

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Interesting.

Daily Mail

Wonderful!!! Mohammed Jihad! ;):D
    May the FORCE be with you!

It needs to be the most popular name on tombstones!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Wonderful!!! Mohammed Jihad! ;):D
    We're all thrilled to bits here in Teh Yuk at this latest news.

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad!!!! :mad::D

[IMG]insert puking smiley here as and when available[/IMG]

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    We're all thrilled to bits here in Teh Yuk at this latest news.

Durka Durka Mohammed Jihad!!!! :mad::D

[IMG]insert puking smiley here as and when available[/IMG]
    Sorry Hamp, I forgot the Durka,Durka. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Let me recycle a response I posted elsewhere. This ranking was achieved by using a combined figure for all the various spellings of the name. However no one seems to have bothered to redraw the whole list in the same way for all versions of the other names. So we donít know how high up the list Mohammed would be if that were done. This is lazy journalism designed to advance a point, especially when it appears that no specifically muslim female names appear in the top 100 girlsí names. All it shows is that an overwhelming proportion of muslim boys are called Mohammed (or a variant thereof)

http://www.statistics.gov.uk/StatBas...asp?vlnk=15282
    (link to obtain xls file)

Banned
    While this may or may not be disturbing, everyone should realize that every devout (and possibly semi-devout) muslim names his oldest son Mohamed. Clearly this is not true among non-muslims who chose from a multitude of names.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystal Wizard View Post
    While this may or may not be disturbing, everyone should realize that every devout (and possibly semi-devout) muslim names his oldest son Mohamed. Clearly this is not true among non-muslims who chose from a multitude of names.
    And it shows that there are THAT MANY muslims living/born in the UK.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I had a job interview with a large pharmaceutical company that looked promising-good benefits, good pay, but the man who interviewed me was named Muhammed... I couldn't take the job.
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

BSR
    Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I had a job interview with a large pharmaceutical company that looked promising-good benefits, good pay, but the man who interviewed me was named Muhammed... I couldn't take the job.
    You couldn't take the job because some dude was named Muhammed? Did he have a suicide jacket on while interviewing you or something?