1. #1 PSA: Know Your 'Stupid Drink'. 
    Joe Sixpack: The Stupid Drink, defined
    By Joe Sixpack
    Philadelphia Daily News

Daily News Beer Reporter

IT'S BACK-TO-SCHOOL time, which means it's time for another installment of Joe Sixpack's Freshman Guide to College Beer-Drinking.

I'm going to assume most of you have already completed course work in Intro to Keg-Stands and Basics of ID Forgery. So we'll skip directly to what I hope will become not only a lifelong lesson, but a hip, new term at urbanslang.com: The Stupid Drink.

That's the drink that takes you from a fun night to a night you regret, from being in control to losing it, from drinking to drinking too much.

The Stupid Drink is not my original idea, although Lord knows I've downed my share of idiocy. Instead, it comes from students at the Newhouse School of Public Communications at Syracuse University, who coined the term in their winning entry in this year's National Student Advertising Competition.

Their assignment: Develop a campaign to combat dangerous overconsumption of alcohol by college students.

(snip)

Yet they all know overdrinking when they see (or feel) it. There's a line that's crossed, they agreed, and it's different for every drinker. It may be a feeling, a situation, an environment, a number or a specific form of alcohol.

That's the Stupid Drink.

The problem for students is recognizing their own Stupid Drink before taking that decisive sip.

(snip)

One of the best ways to avoid the Stupid Drink is to set a limit before you crack open the first one. Count your drinks and stick with it. No one ever regretted not drinking one more.

Pace yourself. Alternate between beer and water.

And what if you ignore your pregame plans? How do you know if you're about to drink your Stupid Drink?

Put down your cup now if:

_ You can't taste your beer.

_ You are staring at yourself with a stupid grin in the bathroom mirror.

_ Your shot is on fire.

_ You're slurring your words.

_ You're dancing with an inanimate object.

_ You're standing in front of a tattoo shop.

_ Someone just ordered the second round of kamikazes.

_ You just told someone, "I love you, man."

_ A friend tells you that you've had enough
    Any more definitions of the 'Stupid Drink'? :p

Philly

You've found yourself uttering the words "I'm fine. I just need to throw up and then I can go back to the quarters game."

You are helping your roommates drag the canoe in the alley up your back stairs and into your apartment just so you can get a really cool picture of all of you sitting in it, pretending to row.

You think it's a good idea to bring the grill inside the apartment, since it's raining and you don't want to get wet while grilling the neighbor's lamb chops that she was saving for her romantic dinner with her boyfriend.

Your solution to the smoke filling the apartment is to throw the smoke detectors out the window...after all it's really that loud noise that is bothersome.

When someone physically carries you back into your apartment from the bar because you've had enough...stay there.

Once you've entered at least one stranger's house to use the bathroom because the one in the bar is too crowded...go home.

If it's a rugby party...go home, even if you haven't touched a beer yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post
    You've found yourself uttering the words "I'm fine. I just need to throw up and then I can go back to the quarters game."

You are helping your roommates drag the canoe in the alley up your back stairs and into your apartment just so you can get a really cool picture of all of you sitting in it, pretending to row.

You think it's a good idea to bring the grill inside the apartment, since it's raining and you don't want to get wet while grilling the neighbor's lamb chops that she was saving for her romantic dinner with her boyfriend.

Your solution to the smoke filling the apartment is to throw the smoke detectors out the window...after all it's really that loud noise that is bothersome.

When someone physically carries you back into your apartment from the bar because you've had enough...stay there.

Once you've entered at least one stranger's house to use the bathroom because the one in the bar is too crowded...go home.

If it's a rugby party...go home, even if you haven't touched a beer yet.

Is that from experience or observation?

rm -rf obama*

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillygirl View Post

LOL! Good times, good times.:D
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

In my experience, any time somebody says, "You're kidding! You've never had a (name the drink)?", that's the 'Stupid Drink' of the night. :eek:

When the locals are laughing at you and your liberty party...pointing and speaking in their native language where you can only make out the word 'American'...its time to go back to the ship.

When you all of a sudden learn (or think you have learned) the local language while overseas

If the brow is not wide enough for 2 people to walk on at once, avoid drinking
    “The characteristic of genuine heroism is its persistency. All men have wandering impulses, fits and starts of generosity. But when you have resolved to be great, abide by yourself, and do not weakly try to reconcile yourself with the world. The heroic cannot be the common, nor the common the heroic.”
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Freedom is the natural yearning of the human sprit as we were endowed by our creator.
    Rush Limbaugh CPAC 09

The sixth drink is usually the stupid one for me.