Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Minneapolis police mace protesters 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ess=385x370018
    Minneapolis police mace protesters, repeatedly kicked woman while she was lying on the ground.
    Run time: 01:51
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qy-BDfVwqEg

Posted on YouTube: September 12, 2009
    By YouTube Member: glassbeadian
    Views on YouTube: 350

Posted on DU: September 12, 2009
    By DU Member: Bjorn Against
    Views on DU: 106

This video was shot yesterday afternoon at the eviction of Rosemary Williams, a woman who became a leader in the fight against foreclosures. While Rosemary has now forcibly removed from her home she has vowed to keep fighting to get her home back and defend others facing foreclosure.

The police brutality in this video is outrageous and the Minneapolis police need to be held accountable for their actions.
    Systematic Chaos (1000+ posts) Sat Sep-12-09 03:57 PM
    Response to Original message
    2. I'm going to spend the next week indulging in a certain fantasy.
    That fat pig fucker cop with the pepper spray? I still have a good hundred pounds on him, but I'm doing a wonderful job losing weight as a committed vegan now.

I'm going to continue motivating myself by dreaming about rewarding his courage by sitting naked on his face after eating about 3 pounds of leafy greens and just letting my plumbing rip.

That callous fucking son of a bitch!

Rant over. Sorry about the nasty visual. Or not....
    I didn't even look at the video it was this reply that put an image in my head that I can't shake!
    Last edited by Rockntractor; 09-12-2009 at 07:12 PM.

If the police make you lay down on the ground and you keep trying to get up, what do you expect??? And they were not "kicking" her in the head. Just a few bumps to remind ya what you were told to do.
    Where is that chris Rock video about what to do when the police tell you to do something??? Needs to be posted on DU.

Hey Rock, ole bud....

Could ya narrow down the URL, to the thread in question?

I can't find it.:o

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Thanks you, kind sir.

I agree with Spyder, it's just a reminder to stay down.

I see the Minneapolis Police is still making people get far away from a confrontation.

BSR
    Was that dumb chick with the bike helmet on pouring beer in that guys eyes to wash out the pepper spray?

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Was that dumb chick with the bike helmet on pouring beer in that guys eyes to wash out the pepper spray?
    Looked like a beer bottle with water in it.

No foam what so ever.

Quote Originally Posted by BSR View Post
    Probably peed in the bottle earlier!

So let's guess what happened.

2006 = ACORN or the like gets the woman a home loan for a house she can not afford in a nice neighborhood. She moves in and makes a few payments. The bet is the house will appreciate and she can refinance.

2008 = Bank contacts her and asks if she is going to make payments. She is not. Can not.

2009 = after lengthy talks and efforts to find a way to keep her in the home, all of which fail because the woman NEVER earned enough to make any serious house payments, she is formally evicted as the bank must respect it's stock holders and liquidate the bad debt.

In the meantime, the "protesters" think private property rights should be suspended to allow her to keep the property she never could afford to assuage their white guilt. Mingling with these idiots are professional protesters who try to create a violent confrontation. Polce are one steo ahead and defuse the situation and complete their task of returning the property to the legal owner.

Once again, feel good politics FAIL and attempts to use race as a cover FAIL with anyone that has a clue.

But I have a simple solution to all this. Let the protestors give the woman THEIR homes. Problem solved.

I love these idiot's thinking: don't pay your mortgage yet you get to keep your house. UFB
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.