1. #1 DUmmies Get Their Spin Ready For Mrs. Obama's Alledged "whitey" Comments 
    Heather MC (514 posts) Mon Jun-02-08 09:56 AM
    Original message

The truth about Michelle Obama's "whitey" tape Rec this post so the TRUTH gets OUT!!!

Edited on Mon Jun-02-08 10:01 AM by Heather MC
    DON'T LET THEM SPREAD LIES

I got this from one of the blogs at barackobama.com: http://my.barackobama.com/page/community/blog/gregm

This really does sound like the most logical explanation for this supposed "whitey" tape. Apparently Michelle Obama is saying '"why'd he"? and not "whitey" while talking about george bush's lack of response to hurricane katrina. Gosh i swear these anti-obama people really don't have anything legit that they can use, do they?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Trouble Brewing

There's been a flurry of activity in the blogosphere. One last push by Clinton supporters to attack Obama on personal and racial terms rather than substance.
    A long time Clinton supporter, Larry Johnson, claims to have a tape of Michelle Obama speaking at Trinity United Church.
    The 'bombshell' is a supposed rant against "Whitey".
    The reality is Michelle speaking against George W Bush. "Why'd he let those people die in New Orleans?" "Why'd he drop so many off of Medicare?" etc...
    It boils down to slang. "Why'd he" versus "Whitey".
    But this video is supposed to hit in a few hours: 9am EST on June 2.

Here's what we need to be clear on.
    This is a race baiting story based on a doctored video. We are supposed to hear "Whitey" instead of what was really said
    The origin of this attack is important.
    If it is the GOP, they will not release it at this stage and would wait to drop the video in late October. Such an act would leave little time to debunk and calm people down, and would surely improve their shortterm odds at winning the presidency

If it is in fact released in a few hours, cuo bono? Who Benefits?
    The Clinton's are the only beneficiaries of such a video. Many of their supporters are rumored to have sought a copy of the video (http://clintondems.com/2008/05/1m-bounty-offered-for-mi... /)
    The tape is supposed to be released by long time Clinton support Larry Johnson (site).
    The tape has been an open secret at Fox News for several weeks. Sean Hannity laughs about those 'nut jobs' who think he has such a tape, but then brags about having it and waiting for the right time to release it.

It is way too early for the Republicans to benefit. In fact, it would backfire on the Republicans to play this hand so early... to much time to suffer the backlash and be cast as a party of bigots.
    This cannot escalate to the point of Rev Wright. The goal of the peddler is to inject more Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt into this nominating process and force the issue to the convention. This is either to benefit the Clintons at this stage by trying to force Obama to resign, or to make the Dems lose completely.

If you hear this on the morning news or blogs, respond quickly and politely. This is dirty politics at its worst; and let's fight fire with water.
    Update: the link in the text didn't work this one should!
    http://clintondems.com/2008/05/1m-bounty-offered-for-mi...
    So this is the spin they're gonna use? Should get very interesting.

An interesting response:

IWantAnyDem (1000+ posts) Mon Jun-02-08 10:05 AM
    Response to Original message

4. And what did Larry drop on his site?

Edited on Mon Jun-02-08 10:13 AM by IWantAnyDem
    "I have not seen it but I have heard from five separate sources who have spoken directly with people who have seen the tape. It features Michelle Obama and Louis Farrakhan. They are sitting on a panel at Jeremiah Wright’s Church when Michelle makes her intemperate remarks. Whoops!!"

More bullshit teasing without even a first hand account of the tape. Friends of friends saw the tape.

It doesn't get more bullshit rumor mongering than that!
    :eek:

If its fake, then it will be proven as such ( of course DU doesn't have any problem when Micheal Moore does it, do they).

This story seems to have "legs".

Transcript: the rumored Michelle Obama video

Earlier today pundit Roger Stone, interviewed on Fox News, discussed the rumored Michelle Obama "whitey" video. If true (and you can judge for yourself from this transcript), I believe it has the potential to send the Democratic nomination process into utter chaos.

RS: Well, uh, there's a buzz, that I believe now to be credible, that some indelible records exists of public remarks that Michelle Obama allegedly made, which are outrageous at worst... er, at best, but... uh... could be termed racist, including some... uh, uh... reference to white people as "whiteys", allegedly. And there's been a race here, Geraldo --
    GR: Now wait a sec, wait a second... you can't... Roger, you can't just say that... and say you have no proof for...

RS: No, no. Let me finish. There's a race here between the... uh... Clinton research people, who are seeking this tape, and the Republican opposition researchers at the Republican National Committee. I now believe a network has this tape and believe that reliably and something like that could roil the race, which explains why, to me, Hillary Clinton is staying in this race. What other reason is there for her to stay in this race, other than hoping there is a bomb, and high level Clinton operatives say there is a bomb, of this nature? I have heard that from people I believe to be credible.

GR: Okay... hold it... hold it there... okay... we... we hear that you heard it. Let me go to Michael Brown for his response, and let me say that Roger Stone was the person who said that New York Governor Eliot Spitzer was using the services of prostitutes... at least in that incendiary allegation there was [sic] some facts behind that...
    RS: There really has little to do with the general election yet, and more to do with Hillary Clinton staying in the race. At least seven news organizations have contacted me wanting to know how to get their hands on the tape, and giving me more information that I had after I'd spoken to each one of them! I now believe the tape exists; and I believe a network has it... if this pans out to be true based upon Michelle Obama's previous comment that this was the first time she had been proud of her country... which I think shows an attitude... it's problematic...
    If Stone's report is accurate, I'll stand by my earlier statement. Barack Obama has done more to damage race relations in this country than any candidate since George Wallace.
    http://directorblue.blogspot.com/200...ama-video.html

Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    We need to be more tolerant. I mean, suppose some Republican candidate or candidate's spouse was on tape sayin' nigra or some thuch thing. That wouldn't be a big deal now, would it?
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    We need to be more tolerant. I mean, suppose some Republican candidate or candidate's spouse was on tape sayin' nigra or some thuch thing. That wouldn't be a big deal now, would it?
    Niggardly.

Quote Originally Posted by jinxmchue View Post
    Niggardly.
    We are the knights who say Ni!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Further Reasons For Skepticism on That Michelle Obama Tape

I hoped a tone of skepticism would permeate my earlier posts on the alleged Michelle Obama denouncing "whitey" tape. Still, some accuse me of hyping the story.

The preponderance of the evidence now suggests that there's nothing there. One of the arguments that made me think there was some fire amid the smoke was the statement on Booman Tribune, attempting to explain that "why'd he" was being heard as "whitey." This sort of explanation suggested that someone — perhaps allied with the Obama campaign? Someone in attendance of the event? — wanted to explain what people would be hearing on the tape, which suggested that there was a tape, and that some words that sounded like "why'd he"/"whitey" could be heard. The listing of specifics of the comment — Medicaid/Katrina/Jena/Iraq — also suggested someone had heard the comment, and wanted to put it in context...

But now I find that apparently Booman Tribune was merely paraphrasing another blogger's prediction of what would be on the tape if it ever surfaced. No one claimed to have seen the tape. (That will teach me to put any stock in anything written on a liberal blog.)

http://campaignspot.nationalreview.c...I5OWVjZGNiNDI=
    Ubi Dubium Ibi Libertas