Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Recommend a handgun.. I want ammo availability and affordabliity... Go 
    I've got $600, and I want to buy a new handgun.. I want a gun that has ammo available, and i want stopping power... What are y our recommendations?

Full-Auto??
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Quote Originally Posted by stsinner View Post
    I've got $600, and I want to buy a new handgun.. I want a gun that has ammo available, and i want stopping power... What are y our recommendations?

Full-Auto??
    If you want a fun gun, we have talked about the Judge from Taurus. It shoots the 45 Colt and 410 slugs or shot shells. Its right around $600.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Thanks, Patriot45.. Would you recommend a .22? I viewed a sweet .22 today for $250...
    Obama-if you're being run out of town, get out in front and pretend that it's a parade!!!

Thanks, Patriot45.. Would you recommend a .22? I viewed a sweet .22 today for $250...
    Didn't you just say you wanted stopping power?

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Didn't you just say you wanted stopping power?
    Yeah, but I've read that the .22 to the head is unbelievably deadly because of its speed and the way it bounces around... I don't hunt, so my guns are only for self defense and defense of my family, and living in MA, I'm not going to shoot an intruder tin the chest where they may survive.. I'm going for head shots so they can't sue me... Would a .22 pistol provide this protection'?
    Last edited by stsinner; 09-13-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Yeah, but I've read that the .22 to the head is unbelievably deadly because of its speed and the way it bounces around...
    The bouncing around is a myth

A 40 cal glock is a good choice for an auto. I'm a revolver man. I always have a 357 smith with me!

Yeah, but I've read that the .22 to the head is unbelievably deadly because of its speed and the way it bounces around... I don't hunt, so my guns are only for self defense and defense of my family, and living in MA, I'm not going to shoot an intruder tin the chest where they may survive.. I'm going for head shots so they can't sue me... Would a .22 pistol provide this protection'?
    Aiming solely for the head is not a way to defend yourself. Smaller target, less to hit. A heavier caliber to the chest will drop someone just as easily, and it's much easier to hit. If you're forced to shoot a hopped up PCP head in the chest with a .22 your just going to piss him off even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    A 40 cal glock is a good choice for an auto. I'm a revolver man. I always have a 357 smith with me!
    What are we talking for a good .357 and is ammo available?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    I have a .41 Magnum Revolver that I inherited when my dad died. Fucker kicks like nobody's business.