Hybrid View

1. #1 Aussies More Likely to Target Muslims When in a Good Mood 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s

Sydney:
    A University of New South Wales study has opined that Aussies are more likely to shoot at Muslims, especially if they”re in a good mood. The researchers say that Australians perceive Muslim-style headgear as a threat. The study, published in The Journal of Experimental Social Psychology, involved 66 students playing a computer game in which different male and female figures appeared on a balcony. Some figures were wearing Muslim-style turbans or hijabs while others were bare headed. Participants were asked to shoot at the targets carrying guns and spare those who were unarmed. Researchers found that..

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/..._10072238.html.
    Last edited by megimoo; 07-16-2008 at 07:12 AM.

gator
    That won't happen in real life because the Aussie government does not trust the citizens enough to allow them to have guns.

Sonnabend
    That won't happen in real life because the Aussie government does not trust the citizens enough to allow them to have guns.
    WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG

WRONG
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 07-16-2008 at 07:54 AM.

gator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Those are the most pathetic links I have ever seen in my life.

No real firearms. Limited availability. High prices and that little warning that says you must get permission from the government before you are allowed to purchase a single shot .22 for $2,600. We all know that permission is hard to come by.

You gave up your freedom to keep and bear arms for some perceived sense of security, because you were stupid. Now you have neither the freedom to keep or bear arms nor the security.

The government and the crooks have the firearms and all you have are $2600 single shot .22s that you can only get with an impossible license.

Good work. Way to go. At least you won't be shooting Muslims off the bacony as the game suggest. The Muslims are safe.

Sonnabend
    Those are the most pathetic links I have ever seen in my life.
    Then do your own fucking research.

No real firearms. Limited availability. High prices and that little warning that sas you must get permission from the government before you are allowed to purchase a single shot .22 for $2,600. We all know that permission is hard to come by.
    I am as responsible and capable of doing anything about the gun laws in this country as you are about getting the DC gun ban overturned. Unless your last name is Heller, you are as powerless as I am.

If the laws in DC offended you that much, why didnt you go to the Supreme Coiurt?

I do not like the laws, I oppose them,. I am not happy about them.There is also jack shit I can do about it.

Vepr
    I think it would have been a lot harder to challenge the DC gun law if you were not a resident of DC. Gator and I live in fairly gun friendly states. That being said you do bring up a good point. Even in our gun friendly states do we do enough to protect and promote gun rights? I cannot speak for gator but I am part of the GOA and I support firearms friendly candidates and let them know why and I also write and let candidates that are not firearms friendly know why they will not get my vote. I know that is not exactly stepping out on the edge but I do what I can. ;)

I also would like to think I would fight out federal government if they tried to disarm us. I say would like to think I would because I have a family and as long as they were not in the line of fire I would resist. If they were I am not sure what I would do after the Ruby ridge and waco incidents.

gator

If the laws in DC offended you that much, why didnt you go to the Supreme Coiurt?
    Two reasons:

1. I do not have standing in the DC court system because I am not a resident. In my state there are no laws against owning a handgun unless you have lost your civil rights or have been prohibited by a court.

2. I really don't give a shit if the residents of DC have the right to own a pistol or not. If they are so stupid as to elect morons that enact unconstitutional laws then let them suffer the consequences. If they are too weak to protect their right to keep and bear arms then they, like you, deserve to lose them. At least Heller had the guts to stand up for his rights.

gator
    Then do your own fucking research.

You mean like this?