Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    More importantly, I think this study is vaguely bogus. In any threat situation, you always look for the "different" thing - whatever that might be. It might be sex, race, size, or whatever. Untrained people are going to fall back on instinct, not training, to evaluate a threat. If it's different, it's a potential threat.

This doesn't say anything about Aussie racism but it says something about bad study design.

That picture shows some spineless and weak shit - that will never happen in my country.:mad:
    At Coretta Scott King's funeral in early 2006, Ethel Kennedy, the widow of Robert Kennedy, leaned over to him and whispered, "The torch is being passed to you." "A chill went up my spine," Obama told an aide. (Newsweek)

Sonnabend
    If you want to hold me responsible for these idiot gun laws (that I opposed) then i will hold you responsible for Gore helping that idiot Rudd get elected.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oh Gawd, here we go again!!!! :p:D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    More importantly, I think this study is vaguely bogus. In any threat situation, you always look for the "different" thing - whatever that might be. It might be sex, race, size, or whatever. Untrained people are going to fall back on instinct, not training, to evaluate a threat. If it's different, it's a potential threat.
    This doesn't say anything about Aussie racism but it says something about bad study design.
    Exactly. It's a computer game. One might as well cite chess players as racists because they sit at a polarized board and manipulate black pieces against white ones or vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    Two reasons:
    1. I do not have standing in the DC court system because I am not a resident. In my state there are no laws against owning a handgun unless you have lost your civil rights or have been prohibited by a court.
    You could have done some research and filed an Amicus Brief in support of Heller's position.

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    2. I really don't give a shit if the residents of DC have the right to own a pistol or not. If they are so stupid as to elect morons that enact unconstitutional laws then let them suffer the consequences. If they are too weak to protect their right to keep and bear arms then they, like you, deserve to lose them. At least Heller had the guts to stand up for his rights.
    The principal that applies in DC would apply nationwide. The SCOTUS ruling reinforces Second Amendment rights throughout the United States, not just DC. Chicago has a similar ban which is now unconstitutional.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!